Help Please

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
101Walterton
The Best

Help Please

Post by 101Walterton »

Hi Team, I need some help. I want this:

http://www.rockpopmem.com/The-Clash-The ... /70312.htm

But I am not paying $1,500 for it :shifty:

Can anyone help me grab it to make a poster???

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Re: Help Please

Post by AudioAmmunition »

This any good to you?

clash.jpg
clash.jpg (66.67 KiB) Viewed 4977 times

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 6:11am
This any good to you?

clash.jpg
That’s a start thanks.
Anyone know how to go from that to poster size, there must be a way.

Modernman
Dirty Punk

Post by Modernman »

A little bigger
Attachments
8e23ba96-ee78-4e60-a000-e501719cae76.jpg
8e23ba96-ee78-4e60-a000-e501719cae76.jpg (150.27 KiB) Viewed 4923 times

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Modernman wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 9:22pm
A little bigger
Thank you how big can we get this to go without losing clarity?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 10:07pm
Modernman wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 9:22pm
A little bigger
Thank you how big can we get this to go without losing clarity?
Kory's a good dude to talk to about this stuff—he's a graphics designer. Shoot him a PM.
"And I said to the other senators, 'Not me, I was eating hot buttered corn all night.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

"Pimps, punks, hustlers, good-time girls and... The Clash"???? FFS.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 1:04am
It is the original tour poster from 82, it is a joke.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 1:37am
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 1:04am
It is the original tour poster from 82, it is a joke.
Oops, when I saw that as thought it was from ‘84, but of course it was ‘82. I should have known from it saying Kasbah Klub. It’s a Casbah oriented joke. How embarrassing! (In my defense, it isn’t too far from pillpoppers, punk rockers, etc. Must have been a Kos riff.)

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I had a quick go at it (I have a minor in graphic design) and the original image isn't terrible. I was able to pull it into InDesign and export it as a poster sized print ready file. It looks okay - a little grainy, but not bad. I also did a little work in Photoshop and while I didn't spend that much time tweaking some of the settings - I was able to increase the resolution of the image while minimizing image quality degradation. Nothing is going to beat a higher res version of this image, but in my opinion you could get a pretty decent looking poster out of what we have here. I'm definitely interested to hear what Kory has to say on this as he probably has some better ideas!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 6:47pm
I had a quick go at it (I have a minor in graphic design) and the original image isn't terrible. I was able to pull it into InDesign and export it as a poster sized print ready file. It looks okay - a little grainy, but not bad. I also did a little work in Photoshop and while I didn't spend that much time tweaking some of the settings - I was able to increase the resolution of the image while minimizing image quality degradation. Nothing is going to beat a higher res version of this image, but in my opinion you could get a pretty decent looking poster out of what we have here. I'm definitely interested to hear what Kory has to say on this as he probably has some better ideas!!
How bid do you think it would go?

One suggestion from Kory was to track down the original backing picture to recreate the tour poster.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 7:08pm
WestwayKid wrote:

One suggestion from Kory was to track down the original backing picture to recreate the tour poster.
I mocked it up at 28"w x 22"h - which I think is a standard post size. That's a good idea to try and track down the original backing picture - chances are you could get it in a higher resolution, but I wonder how hard it would be to locate? I'd be glad to send you the resized image I created. Hardest part is getting some of the smaller text to look right. The part I'm not happy with is the "presents" in the upper corner. It gets a little blurry. If I were getting it printed as a poster I'd probably remove that part and then you might very well be good to go.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

It could probably go bigger than the 28 x 22 that I tried. I bumped the image up from 96 to 300.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 8:15pm
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

It could probably go bigger than the 28 x 22 that I tried. I bumped the image up from 96 to 300.
Is this in ye olde inches?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 8:18pm
WestwayKid wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 8:15pm
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Is this in ye olde inches?
Yes, sorry! :mrgreen: