Ahoy, dars a Matey sighting

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Ahoy, dars a Matey sighting

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sweet generalization—everyone who hates mayo is an insincere hipster with racial self-identity issues. :rolleyes:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:15am
Sweet generalization—everyone who hates mayo is an insincere hipster with racial self-identity issues. :rolleyes:
I’m looking at this and seeing “I would’ve voted for Obama three times if I could.”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I think people can and do dislike mayo sincerely, I just think performative hate pays Drew's bills so he lacks credibility. I actually don't believe a bunch of people are trying to force him to eat mayo. He's lying because he has a brand.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:21am
I think people can and do dislike mayo sincerely, I just think performative hate pays Drew's bills so he lacks credibility. I actually don't believe a bunch of people are trying to force him to eat mayo. He's lying because he has a brand.
Yeah. My issue is that mayo is one of the easiest things to avoid eating if you just ask them to hold it, and so many people turn it into a hill to die on.

My only issue ever with cilantro for example was that it was often snuck into food without warning (which is rare these days - it’s now listed on menus more often).
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I, ironically, do not mind mayo.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I’m looking at this and seeing “I would’ve voted for Obama three times if I could.”
And I'm looking at your statement as something that would be said on Fox and Friends: White people who hate mayo do it because they're ashamed of being white. Real Americans, white Americans like mayo!

But, cool, everyone white person here who dislikes mayo does so for psychological and/or ideological reasons. No way any of us might do so because we don't like the taste or texture.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:25am
Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:21am
Yeah. My issue is that mayo is one of the easiest things to avoid eating if you just ask them to hold it, and so many people turn it into a hill to die on.

My only issue ever with cilantro for example was that it was often snuck into food without warning (which is rare these days - it’s now listed on menus more often).
You can tell places to hold the mayo but lots of times I find the people doing the food prep are too used to making something a certain way and just make it. It happens to me a lot. A menu only days cheeseburger and I tell them I dont want the cheese or no salt on the fries because so many places overdo salt and a majority of the time I get the cheese and the salt. I ve had the same issue with mayo on burgers and other "special sauces".

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:50am
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And I'm looking at your statement as something that would be said on Fox and Friends: White people who hate mayo do it because they're ashamed of being white. Real Americans, white Americans like mayo!

But, cool, everyone white person here who dislikes mayo does so for psychological and/or ideological reasons. No way any of us might do so because we don't like the taste or texture.
You’ve really got to stop taking me so seriously.

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 11:00am
You can tell places to hold the mayo but lots of times I find the people doing the food prep are too used to making something a certain way and just make it. It happens to me a lot. A menu only days cheeseburger and I tell them I dont want the cheese or no salt on the fries because so many places overdo salt and a majority of the time I get the cheese and the salt. I ve had the same issue with mayo on burgers and other "special sauces".
Yeah, I don't doubt that - especially with stuff like burgers which are a fairly automatic process - people forget special orders. My wife, who is fine with mayo but will ask for some other substitutions here and there - often has her orders come out without the asked-for substitutions/removals. I just don't think it's an issue exclusive to mayo.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 11:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So everything's just performative? I'll keep that in mind when you make sweeping statements that, in effect, call me insincere.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 11:10am
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So everything's just performative? I'll keep that in mind when you make sweeping statements that, in effect, call me insincere.
Ok. All people from Saskatoon without exception need to learn to calm down because not everything is a fucking thesis statement. Sometimes it’s just banter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 11:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 11:10am
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Ok. All people from Saskatoon without exception need to learn to calm down because not everything is a fucking thesis statement. Sometimes it’s just banter.
Y'know, when I make dumb and insulting generalizations and get called on it, I own up and admit I was being stupid. Maybe not immediately, but I own up when someone shows me I'm being an ass.

Or you can keep dumping on me. Whatever.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

I’m sorry if it seems like I’m dumping on you. I’m not.

Flex

Post by Flex »

let's pivot this discussion to kraft bbq sauce, as god and nature intended

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 12:29pm
let's pivot this discussion to kraft bbq sauce, as god and nature intended
Ever mix it with mayo? It's good.

Alternate take: I hear Orchids of Asia has the best Kraft sauce available.