Ahoy, dars a Matey sighting

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Ahoy, dars a Matey sighting

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 12:18pm
I’m sorry if it seems like I’m dumping on you. I’m not.
Okay, I always take you at your word, so I hope we're good (not that I thought we were bad).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 12:35pm
Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 12:29pm
let's pivot this discussion to kraft bbq sauce, as god and nature intended
Ever mix it with mayo? It's good.

Alternate take: I hear Orchids of Asia has the best Kraft sauce available.
I like Paul Newman's bbq sauce on hamburgers. I'd like to think it imparts some of his ideal masculinity to the burger.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 1:00pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Flex wrote:

I like Paul Newman's bbq sauce on hamburgers. I'd like to think it imparts some of his ideal masculinity to the burger.
I actually don’t mind generic BBQ sauce or steak sauce on burgers.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 1:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 1:00pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Flex wrote:

I actually don’t mind generic BBQ sauce or steak sauce on burgers.
I can'y figure out why anyone would want ketchup over BBQ sauce. I go with Sweet Baby Ray's for my mass produced BBQ sauce.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 10:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 9:04pm
Kory wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 8:43pm
revbob wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 8:25pm
Kory wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 7:54pm

I'm ok with this.
It saddens me that someone would put bbq sauce on a steak. I know Doc is joking but I also know there's people who do it.
I've definitely had steaks that warranted it. A good steak should never be "enhanced" but sometimes you get a crappy cook.
I recall a fundraiser dinner the Boss and I went to where the "steak" was assmeat. Any and all condiments were acceptable to cover up the natural … qualities of the meat.
Yeah I'll go hungry. I'm proud to say my 13 yo kid didn't know what A1 was until the other day when he saw it on a menu and asked me. One of the great things about a steak is you really only need like 3 things for a great steak. Heat, salt, pepper.
A1 is good with fries, though.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 11:00am
Wolter wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:25am
Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 10:21am
I think people can and do dislike mayo sincerely, I just think performative hate pays Drew's bills so he lacks credibility. I actually don't believe a bunch of people are trying to force him to eat mayo. He's lying because he has a brand.
Yeah. My issue is that mayo is one of the easiest things to avoid eating if you just ask them to hold it, and so many people turn it into a hill to die on.

My only issue ever with cilantro for example was that it was often snuck into food without warning (which is rare these days - it’s now listed on menus more often).
You can tell places to hold the mayo but lots of times I find the people doing the food prep are too used to making something a certain way and just make it. It happens to me a lot. A menu only days cheeseburger and I tell them I dont want the cheese or no salt on the fries because so many places overdo salt and a majority of the time I get the cheese and the salt. I ve had the same issue with mayo on burgers and other "special sauces".
Yup yup yup. Plus a lot of prepacked food comes with the mayo already globbed on, when all condiments should be optional. They're the only thing you can't remove if you don't like it.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 1:40pm
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
I think people can and do dislike mayo sincerely, I just think performative hate pays Drew's bills so he lacks credibility. I actually don't believe a bunch of people are trying to force him to eat mayo. He's lying because he has a brand.
Yeah. My issue is that mayo is one of the easiest things to avoid eating if you just ask them to hold it, and so many people turn it into a hill to die on.

My only issue ever with cilantro for example was that it was often snuck into food without warning (which is rare these days - it’s now listed on menus more often).
You can tell places to hold the mayo but lots of times I find the people doing the food prep are too used to making something a certain way and just make it. It happens to me a lot. A menu only days cheeseburger and I tell them I dont want the cheese or no salt on the fries because so many places overdo salt and a majority of the time I get the cheese and the salt. I ve had the same issue with mayo on burgers and other "special sauces".
Yup yup yup. Plus a lot of prepacked food comes with the mayo already globbed on, when all condiments should be optional. They're the only thing you can't remove if you don't like it.
Plus mayo is so god damn omnipresent, you have to ask every fucking time.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 4:14pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:

And sometimes it's not on the menu, so first you have to ask if it comes with mayo, and then ask for NO mayo. Our lives are hard.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 4:19pm
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:

And sometimes it's not on the menu, so first you have to ask if it comes with mayo, and then ask for NO mayo. Our lives are hard.
At least we can drown our sorrows in arugula pizza.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 4:50pm
Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 4:19pm
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:

At least we can drown our sorrows in arugula pizza.
Damn that sounds good.

BostonBeaneater

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 12:07am
THEY CAN FUCK THAT SKY HIGH

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »