Restored Clash poster

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Restored Clash poster

Post by laxman »

Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:05pm
God, why oh why can't I have a real Rat Patrol
Not a question he gets asked every day!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

laxman wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:15pm
Kory wrote:
God, why oh why can't I have a real Rat Patrol
Not a question he gets asked every day!
Good, it will stand out and he will answer.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kory wrote:
I'd like to think Joe would be ok with an official release of this for archival purposes. God, why oh why can't I have a real Rat Patrol
I think he'd be okay with it. If he had truly fallen out with Mick and it had turned into one of those really bitter rock feuds - maybe not - but it didn't take them very long to mend faces and become friends again. I think Joe understood the importance of the band in the context of music history.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:59pm
Kory wrote:
I'd like to think Joe would be ok with an official release of this for archival purposes. God, why oh why can't I have a real Rat Patrol
I think he'd be okay with it. If he had truly fallen out with Mick and it had turned into one of those really bitter rock feuds - maybe not - but it didn't take them very long to mend faces and become friends again. I think Joe understood the importance of the band in the context of music history.
Sure thing. However Mick holds the opinion that as Joe is not here to give it his blessing so it stays unreleased at the present time.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 5:06pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
Sure thing. However Mick holds the opinion that as Joe is not here to give it his blessing so it stays unreleased at the present time.
There is a school of thought that would say Joe wasn't around to give his blessings to the Vanilla Tapes, but they still got released. It's a strange one because the tape is out there anyway, it would just be an upgrade in quality. And don't forget that 5 songs from it have been officially released already. So I don't really buy Mick' s reasoning.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 5:11pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
There is a school of thought that would say Joe wasn't around to give his blessings to the Vanilla Tapes, but they still got released. It's a strange one because the tape is out there anyway, it would just be an upgrade in quality. And don't forget that 5 songs from it have been officially released already. So I don't really buy Mick' s reasoning.
Does it come down to the fact (for Mick) that there was some contention regarding the release of the original album? The decision was made in 1982 to not go with Mick's version. Yes, individual tracks have been released - but they have not been released as a full alternate album.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 6:10pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
Does it come down to the fact (for Mick) that there was some contention regarding the release of the original album? The decision was made in 1982 to not go with Mick's version. Yes, individual tracks have been released - but they have not been released as a full alternate album.
Yes this is correct.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 6:10pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yes, but it just seems a bit trivial to me. It's just an alternate mix of an album that is already heavily bootlegged.

I wish Mick (or someone in the Clash camp) had more interest in the back catalogue and put some good expanded versions of the albums out like The Jam and XTC have.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board