Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 11:00am
Flex wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:23am
Silent Majority wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 7:22am
Simpsons are pulling their Michael Jackson episode from syndication. Seems a bit silly to me.
Maybe it's just because I watched part 1 of the documentary last night, but my instinct right now is no one needs to broadcast a sexual predator who raped children.
Yeah. It was the most disturbing two hours of TV I have ever watched. The excruciating detail...those poor boys.
It really begs the question of what do we as a society do with his music? I've always thought he was probably guilty, but there was also a part of me that wondered if he was a victim of his odd lifestyle. I know think - after watching this documentary - that he was a very sick, very evil man. There is no excuse for preying on children. I've heard the argument that his music is such a big part of our culture that we cannot divorce ourselves from it. I don't know if I accept that. We all have a choice regarding what we listen to and we all need to stop listening to Michael Jackson (in my opinion).
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 2:46pm
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Simpsons are pulling their Michael Jackson episode from syndication. Seems a bit silly to me.
Maybe it's just because I watched part 1 of the documentary last night, but my instinct right now is no one needs to broadcast a sexual predator who raped children.
Yeah. It was the most disturbing two hours of TV I have ever watched. The excruciating detail...those poor boys.
It really begs the question of what do we as a society do with his music? I've always thought he was probably guilty, but there was also a part of me that wondered if he was a victim of his odd lifestyle. I know think - after watching this documentary - that he was a very sick, very evil man. There is no excuse for preying on children. I've heard the argument that his music is such a big part of our culture that we cannot divorce ourselves from it. I don't know if I accept that. We all have a choice regarding what we listen to and we all need to stop listening to Michael Jackson (in my opinion).
Commercial radio stations here announced that they would no longer play MJ songs. Their call although I wonder if it is more about them making a show of not playing it than their reasons for not playing it, ‘hey look at us taking a moral stand’. Trouble is you have to follow through but yesterday they played Say Say Say.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

The other disturbing issue is that MJ did not and could not have done this alone. He needed the help of his team to make it happen and I am sure they were well paid for it. Perhaps they should be investigated?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 2:54pm
The other disturbing issue is that MJ did not and could not have done this alone. He needed the help of his team to make it happen and I am sure they were well paid for it. Perhaps they should be investigated?
That's a really good question and I think this story is far from over. I agree - if his handlers were also enablers (I don't see how they could not have been) then they also need to be held accountable.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 2:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Commercial radio stations here announced that they would no longer play MJ songs. Their call although I wonder if it is more about them making a show of not playing it than their reasons for not playing it, ‘hey look at us taking a moral stand’. Trouble is you have to follow through but yesterday they played Say Say Say.
McCartney: This shit is nearly as bad as when he bought all the publishing for the Beatles. Gear!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Silent Majority wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 3:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 2:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:

McCartney: This shit is nearly as bad as when he bought all the publishing for the Beatles. Gear!
Say Say Say is at least kind of catchy. The Girl Is Mine is just plain awful.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
As a kid I watched the Jackson 5 cartoon that was on TV and liked at least some of those songs. I honestly never cared for his music though. I objectively think it's pretty bad, no Marky pun intended.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 3:37pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
As a kid I watched the Jackson 5 cartoon that was on TV and liked at least some of those songs. I honestly never cared for his music though. I objectively think it's pretty bad, no Marky pun intended.
When the truth about his deeds first came out in the 1990s, one of the guys in the Simpsons writing room said to the others "Well, he told us. He said he was bad."
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 2:28pm
Started watching Lucile’s last night (have to wait until the missus goes away today to carry on Ozark).
Anyway Lucile’s is on the real telly and we obviously started mid series.
Can anyone tell me what the fuck is going on?
I thought it was a cop / murder series and it was loosely was but obviously there is also a long running story where some guy has been kidnapped and his Dad is being blackmailed and the Dad is blaming Lucifer???
Just realised this got autocorrected it was supposed to say Lucifer!!
Can anyone tell me what the back story is ie what the he’ll is going on?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 11:10am
Did they get into some of what Matey brought up in the other thread this was discussed?
If you are referring to the credibility of Robson i.e. previously denying any abuse then yes they did in detail. Absolutely not doubt whatsoever in my mind he is now telling the truth.
I would be interested to hear if Matey has changed his view after watching that?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 2:03pm
If you are referring to the credibility of Robson i.e. previously denying any abuse then yes they did in detail. Absolutely not doubt whatsoever in my mind he is now telling the truth.
I would be interested to hear if Matey has changed his view after watching that?
Yeah, I ended up watching both parts. The explanations for changing stories, etc. was credible in the context of the trauma survivors go through.

We'll probably never have a smoking gun wrt evidence of abuse, but I don't know how anyone can look into this and just completely dismiss the allegations wholesale. I tried to get a little into the case against those guys but, again, a lot of the changing stories, etc. aren't damning when you look at it in the context of survivors trying to cope with and process what's happened to them.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 2:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 2:03pm
Yeah, I ended up watching both parts. The explanations for changing stories, etc. was credible in the context of the trauma survivors go through.

We'll probably never have a smoking gun wrt evidence of abuse, but I don't know how anyone can look into this and just completely dismiss the allegations wholesale. I tried to get a little into the case against those guys but, again, a lot of the changing stories, etc. aren't damning when you look at it in the context of survivors trying to cope with and process what's happened to them.
Exactly. Those kids (as they were then) would have done anything for him or to get attention from him.
The evidence from the wider family is equally compelling especially the fallout once the abuse was admitted. That is no money making scam.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 1:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
Started watching Lucile’s last night (have to wait until the missus goes away today to carry on Ozark).
I thought it was a cop / murder series and it was loosely was but obviously there is also a long running story where some guy has been kidnapped and his Dad is being blackmailed and the Dad is blaming Lucifer???
I wish I could. It's based on a comic by Mike Carey and Peter Gross that has literally nothing to do with the premise of this show. I recommend the comic instead (though since the show started, they began publishing a new volume of the comic that ties in with the show. It's dumb, if you know the character well enough).
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I watched the first season of Lucifer, the title character being a lovable rapscallion who - for various silly reasons - is helping the local police investigate crimes. It has absolutely nothing to do with the source material it claims to draw from other than a very, very broad "lucifer getting by in the mortal world!" semi-premise, but taken on its own the show works okay as a network police procedural with a twist.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 2:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 1:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
I wish I could. It's based on a comic by Mike Carey and Peter Gross that has literally nothing to do with the premise of this show. I recommend the comic instead (though since the show started, they began publishing a new volume of the comic that ties in with the show. It's dumb, if you know the character well enough).
Ok I apologise I fucked up again the show I am talking about is Luther and is a UK cop program 😞