B.A.D. Observations Thread

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
MarkyJacobs
Sightsee MC
Posts: 280
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by MarkyJacobs » 09 Apr 2019, 10:33am

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 9:19am

Excellent spot. Boy George was the lines (person).
Are you suggesting that the Culture Club drummer would have never indulged?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41820
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Apr 2019, 10:35am

MarkyJacobs wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 10:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 9:19am

Excellent spot. Boy George was the lines (person).
Are you suggesting that the Culture Club drummer would have never indulged?
How could I ever be so bold. :mrgreen:
Image

BitterTom
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2078
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by BitterTom » 10 Apr 2019, 6:33am

The Bottom Line is now my new favourite song. This first album is great.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30440
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 10 Apr 2019, 6:58am

BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 6:33am
The Bottom Line is now my new favourite song. This first album is great.
Their best.
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

BitterTom
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2078
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by BitterTom » 10 Apr 2019, 7:49am

On Megatop Phoenix now, a bit more hit and miss. Halfway through, highlights were Dragon Town and Union Jack though both were a little long winded.

BitterTom
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2078
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by BitterTom » 10 Apr 2019, 8:01am

Around the Girl very good however.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30440
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 10 Apr 2019, 8:19am

BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:01am
Around the Girl very good however.
My fave on the album.
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

BitterTom
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2078
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by BitterTom » 10 Apr 2019, 8:37am

Heston wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:19am
BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:01am
Around the Girl very good however.
My fave on the album.
Yeah I agree.

Felt the album was confused and confusing to listen to. Some hints of great work but nothing on the other 2 I've listened to. Like I said before, a lot of long winded stuff and (this just might be me not getting 'it') it felt weird purely for the sake of being weird.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14856
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Silent Majority » 10 Apr 2019, 9:26am

BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:37am
Heston wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:19am
BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:01am
Around the Girl very good however.
My fave on the album.
Yeah I agree.

Felt the album was confused and confusing to listen to. Some hints of great work but nothing on the other 2 I've listened to. Like I said before, a lot of long winded stuff and (this just might be me not getting 'it') it felt weird purely for the sake of being weird.
Attachments
skynews-ecstasy-mdma-ptsd_4298565.jpg
skynews-ecstasy-mdma-ptsd_4298565.jpg (50.81 KiB) Viewed 344 times
Kool Moe Dee was in the Treacherous Three

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BitterTom
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2078
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by BitterTom » 10 Apr 2019, 9:38am

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 9:26am
BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:37am
Heston wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:19am
BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:01am
Around the Girl very good however.
My fave on the album.
Yeah I agree.

Felt the album was confused and confusing to listen to. Some hints of great work but nothing on the other 2 I've listened to. Like I said before, a lot of long winded stuff and (this just might be me not getting 'it') it felt weird purely for the sake of being weird.
Well that makes sense.

MarkyJacobs
Sightsee MC
Posts: 280
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by MarkyJacobs » 10 Apr 2019, 10:06am

Everryone in the UK was taking ecstasy at that time.

Oh, hold on...

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41820
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Apr 2019, 10:11am

BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 9:38am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 9:26am
BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:37am
Heston wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:19am
BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 8:01am
Around the Girl very good however.
My fave on the album.
Yeah I agree.

Felt the album was confused and confusing to listen to. Some hints of great work but nothing on the other 2 I've listened to. Like I said before, a lot of long winded stuff and (this just might be me not getting 'it') it felt weird purely for the sake of being weird.
Well that makes sense.
Rave culture/acid house makes more sense not just the drug. If you listen to this album with an open mind and an attitude for the time and era it was made then without the prejudice of rock 'n' roll trappings it's a masterpiece. Right up there with De La Soul ''3 Feet High and Rising''.
Image

MarkyJacobs
Sightsee MC
Posts: 280
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by MarkyJacobs » 10 Apr 2019, 10:16am

I agree. Sometimes it's my absolute fave BAD album.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 431
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by NoMoreHugh » 10 Apr 2019, 1:35pm

i absolutely love this album and always have done. Funny enough the whole album is flawless in my mind the only song i am likely to skip is contact but that is also very rare.

incidently i thought this album wasnt written with Mick but by the rest of the band as he was in hospital with severe chicken pox that turned into complications of pneumonia ? I believe Mick nearly died at one point during this time and it was that serious that He lost his vocal sound that we know well from the first album due to pipes that were down his throat during his care.?

So i am not too sure how much involvement Mick had with the songs and the album other than the songs were rearranged to cater for the weakend vocals. That might be a contributing factor why its not so palatable for some but i still think mick sounds good on it. Its a brilliant album and at different times it is also my favourite album

MarkyJacobs
Sightsee MC
Posts: 280
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by MarkyJacobs » 10 Apr 2019, 4:03pm

I know Mick had a lengthy rehabilitation, but I never heard evidence of weakened vocal capability live or on record.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest