Jeopardy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Jeopardy

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 11:27am
JennyB wrote:
07 May 2019, 11:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 10:32am
https://deadspin.com/what-its-like-to-g ... 1834482418

I haven't watched any episodes with this guy, but it's weird to me the people complaining about him and his style. Bottom line is that he gets the answers right and has enough faith in himself to risk the money. It's not like he's cheating—he's going all in on his ability.
That's not the part that bothers me about him. It's the smugness, rudeness and overall incel vibe I get from the guy. I know he's married, but he just strikes me as having an incel personality. He's rude to Alex. I have been told by members of his contestant cohort (I am in two Facebook groups for former contestants - one that is solely for women. Guess who has the most complaints about him) that he has been extremely rude to Maggie Speak, who is a beloved producer and basically the coolest person in the world. He has not, shockingly, been rude to the male producers. I actually spoke on the phone with the woman who was up against him last Thursday - he husband is currently being treated for cancer and she wanted to talk to someone who was in the same boat. Anyway, she said he was the most awful person she has ever met in her life. I'm sure some of that stems from losing to the guy, but I believe her. People used to criticize Ken Jennings, but I feel like there was a sweetness and self-deprecation about him that this guy doesn't seem to have.

I, for one, cannot wait until he loses. And I really hope it is to a woman.
Ah, I see. As I said, I've never seen any of his episodes. If he's rude, well, he fails the entertainment function of the show and as a human being.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I think the teacher's tournament is on for the next couple of weeks, but he will be back after that.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 May 2019, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 11:27am
JennyB wrote:
07 May 2019, 11:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 10:32am
https://deadspin.com/what-its-like-to-g ... 1834482418

I haven't watched any episodes with this guy, but it's weird to me the people complaining about him and his style. Bottom line is that he gets the answers right and has enough faith in himself to risk the money. It's not like he's cheating—he's going all in on his ability.
That's not the part that bothers me about him. It's the smugness, rudeness and overall incel vibe I get from the guy. I know he's married, but he just strikes me as having an incel personality. He's rude to Alex. I have been told by members of his contestant cohort (I am in two Facebook groups for former contestants - one that is solely for women. Guess who has the most complaints about him) that he has been extremely rude to Maggie Speak, who is a beloved producer and basically the coolest person in the world. He has not, shockingly, been rude to the male producers. I actually spoke on the phone with the woman who was up against him last Thursday - he husband is currently being treated for cancer and she wanted to talk to someone who was in the same boat. Anyway, she said he was the most awful person she has ever met in her life. I'm sure some of that stems from losing to the guy, but I believe her. People used to criticize Ken Jennings, but I feel like there was a sweetness and self-deprecation about him that this guy doesn't seem to have.

I, for one, cannot wait until he loses. And I really hope it is to a woman.
Ah, I see. As I said, I've never seen any of his episodes. If he's rude, well, he fails the entertainment function of the show and as a human being.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I think the teacher's tournament is on for the next couple of weeks, but he will be back after that.
Remind when he's on next and I'll make a point of watching.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

i can't stand him. he has a serial killer smile.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:33pm
11/14. :meh:
i think i got 9, i forgot already

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

12/14
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I did well at the beginning then started faltering halfway through so I QUIT. That's what I am, a quitter.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 12:50pm
I did well at the beginning then started faltering halfway through so I QUIT. That's what I am, a quitter.
yeah, if i'm not doing well in a quiz i quit by halfway through. because quitting is both good and easy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
08 May 2019, 12:54pm
Kory wrote:
yeah, if i'm not doing well in a quiz i quit by halfway through. because quitting is both good and easy.
It's what separates us from the animals.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 12:56pm
Flex wrote:
Kory wrote:
You should apply for Jeopardy JUST so you can walk off the stage halfway through double.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
08 May 2019, 1:33pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:
Kory wrote:
You should apply for Jeopardy JUST so you can walk off the stage halfway through double.
That would require me getting to that point, but it would be worth it.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 1:48pm
tepista wrote:
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:
Kory wrote:
You could recreate my favourite dril tweet:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Inder wrote:
08 May 2019, 1:49pm
Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 1:48pm
tepista wrote:
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:

You could recreate my favourite dril tweet:

:lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wow—Alex Trebek says he's in near remission: https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/te ... Lab0bjbqxA

Even if he's being overly optimistic and all that, this is a much better result than I would have thought given his age and the cancer's stage.