Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2019, 8:40pm
The Boss and I have survived the most grueling ordeal of any marriage: assembling an Ikea wardrobe. And it ain't right. The one door is noticeably higher than the other, but we can't figure out what happened. All the pieces are flush, everything is level (I checked with an actual level), and we've played with the hinge fine-tuning, but it's still way off. We've assembled one of these things before and it went fine, but this is behaving like there's a skew somewhere, even tho the level says it's fine. Baffling.
It's on upside-down. I've done this a hundred times.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 May 2019, 12:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Boss and I have survived the most grueling ordeal of any marriage: assembling an Ikea wardrobe. And it ain't right. The one door is noticeably higher than the other, but we can't figure out what happened. All the pieces are flush, everything is level (I checked with an actual level), and we've played with the hinge fine-tuning, but it's still way off. We've assembled one of these things before and it went fine, but this is behaving like there's a skew somewhere, even tho the level says it's fine. Baffling.
The side pieces and top-bottom pieces are identical. I made sure there wasn't a difference when I started because I always worry about that.

edit: Yup, checked again and the warning stickers on the inside are both facing right side up, at the top, on both side pieces.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2019, 12:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The side pieces and top-bottom pieces are identical. I made sure there wasn't a difference when I started because I always worry about that.

edit: Yup, checked again and the warning stickers on the inside are both facing right side up, at the top, on both side pieces.
Well you know what I always say: never trust a Swede.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
10 May 2019, 1:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What did the Swedes ever do to you? Were you Bjorn this rude?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
10 May 2019, 2:13pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I haven't trusted them ever since I was Bergmanhandled by one. It really Ingmarred my perception of them all.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Whenever I'm frustrated by Ikea, I mention the founder's Nazi sympathies and their use of prison labour.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Washing machines and dryers are great, now can someone invent a fucking machine that folds that laundry too. I will often leave my work clothes in the laundry area so I can just blast them in the dryer for a minute instead of folding or ironing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 May 2019, 12:11pm
Washing machines and dryers are great, now can someone invent a fucking machine that folds that laundry too. I will often leave my work clothes in the laundry area so I can just blast them in the dryer for a minute instead of folding or ironing.
I'm lucky in that the Boss folds my laundry as well as hers because my drunk chimp skills so appall her. For the same reason that she hasn't learned to write proper footnotes—I'll fix them for her—I haven't bothered to learn to properly fold clothes.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:04pm
revbob wrote:
I'm lucky in that the Boss folds my laundry as well as hers because my drunk chimp skills so appall her. For the same reason that she hasn't learned to write proper footnotes—I'll fix them for her—I haven't bothered to learn to properly fold clothes.
Me too, except she folds and I masterfully work the remote control.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
10 May 2019, 2:13pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Markyesque. My work here is done. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:12pm
revbob wrote:
Hmm, how much will that cost.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
More than your missus. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:51pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
$1000 according to the manufacturer's site: https://foldimate.com. Definitely something that one could rationalize the cost of.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:51pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
$1000 according to the manufacturer's site: https://foldimate.com. Definitely something that one could rationalize the cost of.
I'm a bit of cheapskate by nature. I could be convinced to do half of that. With monthly no interest payments. My dryer is probably 20 years old and my washer 10 to 15. I fear having to get a new washer because the new ones have all these stupid sensors in them and it takes way too long to just run a wash.