The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by revbob »

Phil Collins aside I'm you decided to stick around. It really is a pretty cool place and those of us who have actually met other in real life always come away with good stories and speak of how great they are. I even enjoyed meeting Flex.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 May 2019, 5:45pm
Phil Collins aside I'm you decided to stick around. It really is a pretty cool place and those of us who have actually met other in real life always come away with good stories and speak of how great they are. I even enjoyed meeting Flex.
He's staying; we don't have to lie to the guy. :naughty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
I was never going to leave for good I was sure of that, it was only temporary but I'm glad it's as soon as it is, I may have only been properly posting for a few months but I love this place. Out of interest, has there ever been a UK meet up you know about?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
25 May 2019, 5:52pm
revbob wrote:
I was never going to leave for good I was sure of that, it was only temporary but I'm glad it's as soon as it is, I may have only been properly posting for a few months but I love this place. Out of interest, has there ever been a UK meet up you know about?
I believe so and even some of the north American contingent have been over causing trouble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
25 May 2019, 4:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
25 May 2019, 4:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 4:13pm
BitterTom wrote:
25 May 2019, 3:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2019, 2:35pm
Cool. Now, back to wincing at your Phil Collins posts.
Wince away, the man's a genius.
He can play anything..............................................badly probably.

Avert your eyes JB.
That is high risk those things are covered in thorny spikes
Its the prick behind that people don't like.
Yeah I wouldn't want one of those attached to me. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 6:05pm
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
25 May 2019, 3:26pm

Wince away, the man's a genius.
He can play anything..............................................badly probably.

Avert your eyes JB.
I'm most troubled to learn he is left handed.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
25 May 2019, 6:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 6:05pm
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Avert your eyes JB.
I'm most troubled to learn he is left handed.
Phil always wipes his bottom with his left hand and a spare gym sock.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
25 May 2019, 1:57pm
Ok, so this is embarrassing.

Long story short, yesterday was shit. Positively shit. Won’t bore you with the details but it was shit. I've got a great talent for beating myself up and making myself feel, well, shit. So last night I’m reading some of my IMCT posts and it comes to me, “you’re trying way too hard, posting too much trying to make everyone like you.” I felt like that annoying new kid or colleague trying to fit in with everyone and it quite frankly embarrassed me. Which of course led to my dramatic leaving message.

I have no desire to leave IMCT, after not even 24 hours I’m back, it’s a great community, not to mention slightly addictive. So I apologise for making a massive thing of it, and thank you for your messages. End of the day, I just let things get to me far too easily and though I’ve made myself look a bit stupid I want to keep posting nonsense daily.
So....too much cider?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
Tom, whatever you might think about the frequency of your posting, you’re doing it right. This place definitely needs high-volume posters so that I don’t get bored at work. Glad you’re sticking around.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:00pm
BitterTom wrote:
25 May 2019, 1:57pm
Ok, so this is embarrassing.

Long story short, yesterday was shit. Positively shit. Won’t bore you with the details but it was shit. I've got a great talent for beating myself up and making myself feel, well, shit. So last night I’m reading some of my IMCT posts and it comes to me, “you’re trying way too hard, posting too much trying to make everyone like you.” I felt like that annoying new kid or colleague trying to fit in with everyone and it quite frankly embarrassed me. Which of course led to my dramatic leaving message.

I have no desire to leave IMCT, after not even 24 hours I’m back, it’s a great community, not to mention slightly addictive. So I apologise for making a massive thing of it, and thank you for your messages. End of the day, I just let things get to me far too easily and though I’ve made myself look a bit stupid I want to keep posting nonsense daily.
So....too much cider?
Nope. Could have done with it though. Too much cider would cause me to be dancing around to Junkie Slip telling you all I love you. Was just a combination of a crap day, feeling sorry for myself and being a bit dramatic.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Kory wrote:
25 May 2019, 11:32pm
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
Tom, whatever you might think about the frequency of your posting, you’re doing it right. This place definitely needs high-volume posters so that I don’t get bored at work. Glad you’re sticking around.
Cheers Kory, appreciate it mate.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sorry - I wasn't on IMCT all weekend (and yesterday was a holiday). Very glad you decided to stay, Tom - you really have been a breath of fresh air. And, as for Doc threatening to punch Chico in his locally owned nose - Doc is a pacifist. He would never do such a thing. Just like I wouldn't actually kill my husband for leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

JennyB wrote:
28 May 2019, 9:55am
Sorry - I wasn't on IMCT all weekend (and yesterday was a holiday). Very glad you decided to stay, Tom - you really have been a breath of fresh air. And, as for Doc threatening to punch Chico in his locally owned nose - Doc is a pacifist. He would never do such a thing. Just like I wouldn't actually kill my husband for leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
Thanks Jenny, like I said earlier, was just going through a rough day and decided to be a bit dramatic. :rolleyes:

Appreciate what you said though!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
28 May 2019, 4:33pm
JennyB wrote:
Thanks Jenny, like I said earlier, was just going through a rough day and decided to be a bit dramatic. :rolleyes:

Just don't leave any dirty dishes in the IMCT sink!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 May 2019, 4:42pm
BitterTom wrote:
28 May 2019, 4:33pm
JennyB wrote:

Just don't leave any dirty dishes in the IMCT sink!
Wait till you see the toilet!