Jeopardy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Jeopardy

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2019, 11:37am
Wow—Alex Trebek says he's in near remission: https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/te ... Lab0bjbqxA

Even if he's being overly optimistic and all that, this is a much better result than I would have thought given his age and the cancer's stage.
I think he's being overly optimistic. I hope I am wrong, but one doesn't survive stage IV pancreatic cancer. My dad had stage II and he didn't survive. I think that the chemo is working for now and that has made his tumors shrink, but they will likely come back.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 May 2019, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wow—Alex Trebek says he's in near remission: https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/te ... Lab0bjbqxA

Even if he's being overly optimistic and all that, this is a much better result than I would have thought given his age and the cancer's stage.
I think he's being overly optimistic. I hope I am wrong, but one doesn't survive stage IV pancreatic cancer. My dad had stage II and he didn't survive. I think that the chemo is working for now and that has made his tumors shrink, but they will likely come back.
That was kinda my thought. Pancreatic cancer is bad because of how it spreads. But he's already lasted longer than I feared.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2019, 1:11pm
JennyB wrote:
29 May 2019, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That was kinda my thought. Pancreatic cancer is bad because of how it spreads. But he's already lasted longer than I feared.
Exactly. Maybe this James Holzhauer asshole is keeping him going.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 2:33pm
Good news, asshole haters: https://deadspin.com/how-james-holzhaue ... 1835200553
I've been waiting to post this all day. OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER. And he was beaten by a woman. This makes me even happier. (Yes, I know he took a dive, but still).
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Good news, asshole haters: https://deadspin.com/how-james-holzhaue ... 1835200553
I've been waiting to post this all day. OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER. And he was beaten by a woman. This makes me even happier. (Yes, I know he took a dive, but still).
How do you know he took a dive? I got the impression that he simply got beat.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 3:23pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I actually don't know for sure, but that was an awfully low wager for him. I think Jennings took a dive as well (he didn't get H&R Block?). I'm sure it gets exhausting being away from home, and you don't get your $$$ until you're done. And Holzhauer just seems like he gets tired of stuff easily and moves on.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 3:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I actually don't know for sure, but that was an awfully low wager for him. I think Jennings took a dive as well (he didn't get H&R Block?). I'm sure it gets exhausting being away from home, and you don't get your $$$ until you're done. And Holzhauer just seems like he gets tired of stuff easily and moves on.
Ah, I see. Maybe he couldn't beat her even by betting it all and was basically guarding against the person in third, then hoping she was wrong. But I could see getting bored despite the big payday with each win. If part of the thrill is beating your competition and you're head and shoulders above everyone, that thrill goes away.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 3:36pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ah, I see. Maybe he couldn't beat her even by betting it all and was basically guarding against the person in third, then hoping she was wrong. But I could see getting bored despite the big payday with each win. If part of the thrill is beating your competition and you're head and shoulders above everyone, that thrill goes away.
That definitely could have been his strategy, but I just don't see him doing that. he seems too much of a go big or go home guy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 3:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

That definitely could have been his strategy, but I just don't see him doing that. he seems too much of a go big or go home guy.
Either way, he leaves wealthy and unloved.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 4:04pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I can't believe someone actually married this guy. He just screams incel to me. And from what I have heard by women contestants who played against him, it's not outside the realm of possibility.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 4:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I can't believe someone actually married this guy. He just screams incel to me. And from what I have heard by women contestants who played against him, it's not outside the realm of possibility.
The old saying about a lid for every pot isn't just there to give hope; it also explains the inexplicable.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 4:33pm
JennyB wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 4:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The old saying about a lid for every pot isn't just there to give hope; it also explains the inexplicable.
Yup.
Got a Rake? Sure!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

The Clash were on The Chase yesterday!!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf