B.A.D. Observations Thread

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Let's be honest, the U'K acid house/ rave scene's DIY spirit made punk's look like half an hour in Jewsons.

I suspect thiat is what Don doesn't like. The lyrics to that song are very witty.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Mick shouting "Just play that music!" and what follows at the end of JPM are music magic. Surprised it wasn't a fan favourite, great beat and tune, Mick sounds really into it. Love it.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:22pm
Mick shouting "Just play that music!" and what follows at the end of JPM are music magic. Surprised it wasn't a fan favourite, great beat and tune, Mick sounds really into it. Love it.
The end is pretty great. I remember seeing the video on The Chart Show (ITV totp rival) back in the day and thinking this is gonna be a hit. No such luck.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:27pm
BitterTom wrote:
The end is pretty great. I remember seeing the video on The Chart Show (ITV totp rival) back in the day and thinking this is gonna be a hit. No such luck.
Baffles me. Tried to find that on YouTube to no avail. Watched the music video though, everyone looks happy, with the music and a drink beside me, it was quite perfect.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:31pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Baffles me. Tried to find that on YouTube to no avail. Watched the music video though, everyone looks happy, with the music and a drink beside me, it was quite perfect.
It was just the video they showed but it was the only time I ever saw it until their video collection was released on VHS in the late 90s.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:33pm
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
It was just the video they showed but it was the only time I ever saw it until their video collection was released on VHS in the late 90s.
Misread your reply sorry. Only had the one, honestly. But yeah, great tune, great video. Haha, do you still have that VHS? Can see that being worth a few quid maybe?

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:36pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Misread your reply sorry. Only had the one, honestly. But yeah, great tune, great video. Haha, do you still have that VHS? Can see that being worth a few quid maybe?
Thrown out when YouTube was invented.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:36pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Was briefly reissued on DVD.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

One of those that wasn't a big favourite of mine at the time, but I've come to really appreciate. I get the impression Mick really loves it too.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Man, why did that reunion tour blow over so quick? Stumbled on this tonight, a sold out Manchester Academy going apeshit. That last bit from the middle eight into the chorus from 5 mins is just fantastic...'twas great to be there...

Heston

Post by Heston »

Aside from Mick's vest this is a really good performance. Love Nick's guitar in it...

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 7:19pm
Man, why did that reunion tour blow over so quick?
Not sure I really should be speculating but I wonder if whatever happened with Dan kind of spoiled the mood a bit.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston

Post by Heston »

oliver wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 7:42pm
Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 7:19pm
Man, why did that reunion tour blow over so quick?
Not sure I really should be speculating but I wonder if whatever happened with Dan kind of spoiled the mood a bit.
They seemed to enjoy it even more when the new guy joined, and they sounded even better.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 7:22pm
Aside from Mick's vest this is a really good performance. Love Nick's guitar in it...

Hello,

Agreed on both the fashion and guitar.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Me too. It can't have been that often that NIck Hawkins seemed cooler than Mick.