Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 May 2019, 11:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2019, 11:13am
Right, I don't think the Democrats' base feels that way; it's a problem of those on the inside, and is yet another piece of evidence that they are fundamentally contemptuous of the base for rejecting the perfect representative of their worldview.
I'm actually not sure this is the case - or not entirely, at least. The chatter I hear is that there isn't necessarily a feeling among Dems Leadership that a woman is unelectable. They don't particularly like Warren, because she's too far to the Left for their tastes, but there's no move to divert support from Harris or Klobuchar, for example. I actually do think this "a woman isn't electable" canard is being driven by (a portion, at least, of) the Dems activist base.
Well, that's depressing if it's true. You expect the insiders to be awful and shortsighted, but when it's found in the base, that's sad.
I've been surprised at the number of active Dems I know who are basically strong partisans who have absolutely asserted that this country can't elect a woman and we need Biden to beat Trump. Which, well:
The race to lower standards and expectations continues without cease. Nixon was a prophet unappreciated in his own time.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

There's something about a moustache on a politician that says South American dictator.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

My old boss's son broke this story yesterday! He's a great kid. But also, we need this like we need a hole in our head:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... bf62d5140d
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 May 2019, 10:07am
My old boss's son broke this story yesterday! He's a great kid. But also, we need this like we need a hole in our head:

He looks like he's twelve. That boy needs to eat! (Hey, I can be a Jewish mother, too.)

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2019, 10:15am
JennyB wrote:
16 May 2019, 10:07am

He looks like he's twelve. That boy needs to eat! (Hey, I can be a Jewish mother, too.)
I think that might actually be an old picture. But he definitely could use a little meat on his bones! He's a sweet kid. He's going places.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This was on HuffPost today. Nice framing, framing Warren and Sanders as, in essence, promoting disunity. The permanent blind spot of the centrist is to worship the status quo axiomatically.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 12:06pm

This was on HuffPost today. Nice framing, framing Warren and Sanders as, in essence, promoting disunity. The permanent blind spot of the centrist is to worship the status quo axiomatically.
"If anyone can fuck this up it's me." -Joe Biden

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 May 2019, 1:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 12:06pm

"If anyone can fuck this up it's me." -Joe Biden
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, white guy. I can fuck this up, too." - Cory Booker

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Looks like it could be an intriguing book (and another reason to hate every establishment Democrat): https://splinternews.com/patience-is-no ... 1835282746

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I judge all of these.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Two Clash songs from two of the most annoying candidates in the field.

Sanders' pick is fine, Warren's is the only one I'd rate as excellent. Buttigieg's screams "tryhard" like all the rest of his campaign. Delaney's is actually kinda funny. Most of the rest are something along the lines of "sadly delusional"
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:37pm
I judge all of these.

Biden's gonna swoop in and fuck everyone's shit by picking Swans' "Clay Man."

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:43pm
This is gonna be Biden's song:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:43pm
This is gonna be Biden's song:
Either of our choices make him more palatable, even if only superficially.