MLB 2019

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: MLB 2019

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 5:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 4:46pm

My favorite is from a metal shack out by the airport.

Whoa, how much for that?
Like $20!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Well done Fenway...

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Aaron Sanchez threw six innings of a combined no-hitter for Houston. The player we traded him (plus two other guys) for misplayed a routine fly ball, which socked him in the face.

This isn't fun anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
04 Aug 2019, 2:13am
Aaron Sanchez threw six innings of a combined no-hitter for Houston. The player we traded him (plus two other guys) for misplayed a routine fly ball, which socked him in the face.

This isn't fun anymore.
Biagini also pitched an inning of that.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Being a glass half-full kinda feller, at least I don't have to stay up late watching the playoffs this fall. :meh:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 9:04am
Being a glass half-full kinda feller, at least I don't have to stay up late watching the playoffs this fall. :meh:
We have you next and we quit.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

we went from our high point in the season, which was sadly only 5 games over, but included a 2 game road sweep of the Dodgers and it looked like all systems were rolling, following by a 2-5 homestand vs BAL & DET, and 3 and 2 game sweeps by CLE & CIN. Minimal effort by every player not named Mike.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 1:30pm
we went from our high point in the season, which was sadly only 5 games over, but included a 2 game road sweep of the Dodgers and it looked like all systems were rolling, following by a 2-5 homestand vs BAL & DET, and 3 and 2 game sweeps by CLE & CIN. Minimal effort by every player not named Mike.
A couple weekends ago, the Sox kicked the shit out of the Yankees in three straight games, fooling people into thinking something good was about to happen. And then they decided to lose 8 in a row.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 1:53pm
tepista wrote:
A couple weekends ago, the Sox kicked the shit out of the Yankees in three straight games, fooling people into thinking something good was about to happen. And then they decided to lose 8 in a row.
I'll trade you the 9 world serieses you won in the last 4 years. :meh:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 2:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
I'll trade you the 9 world serieses you won in the last 4 years. :meh:
I ain't complainin' one bit. I will never ever seriously complain about the Red Sox in my lifetime. I've been in gravy mode for several years now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/08/are- ... nkees.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 4:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/08/are- ... nkees.html
They shouldn't have stopped stealing signs. That was unwise.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

What the fuck is this "facial hair"? Hall of famer, sure, but that shit keeps him out until his later years of eligibility.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Still love too watch my Base Ball team.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal