New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4998
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by muppet hi fi » 01 Aug 2019, 8:53pm

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:35pm
MJ hasn’t had a chance to see A Party yet, but he’s looking forward to it. I described the paper burning and he doesn’t remember it at all. He says he’ll watch and see if it jogs his memory. He joked that maybe it was the release form from the network.
Hahaha!!! Either way it's a very simple yet very affecting bit of agitprop. "A Party" is such a tough piece of music. Sort of an '80s version of "Revolution" or "Sympathy For the Devil", "Gimme Shelter" maybe?
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by MarkyJacobs » 02 Aug 2019, 5:28am

An 80s version of Free Nelson Mandela?

Oh, hold on...

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43577
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Aug 2019, 12:56pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:57am
Mick's white duster from that period makes me wonder whether he remembered to turn off the bunsen burners in the lab before heading to the gig.
Flasher Mac not lab coat.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Aug 2019, 1:00pm

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:57am
Mick's white duster from that period makes me wonder whether he remembered to turn off the bunsen burners in the lab before heading to the gig.
Flasher Mac not lab coat.
Close enough to being a lab coat to let me make a dumb joke, tho.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43577
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Aug 2019, 1:04pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 1:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:57am
Mick's white duster from that period makes me wonder whether he remembered to turn off the bunsen burners in the lab before heading to the gig.
Flasher Mac not lab coat.
Close enough to being a lab coat to let me make a dumb joke, tho.
Hey man don't let me spoil your party. ;)
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Aug 2019, 1:06pm

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 1:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 1:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:57am
Mick's white duster from that period makes me wonder whether he remembered to turn off the bunsen burners in the lab before heading to the gig.
Flasher Mac not lab coat.
Close enough to being a lab coat to let me make a dumb joke, tho.
Hey man don't let me spoil your party. ;)
It made no sudden impact on me.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43577
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Aug 2019, 1:09pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 1:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 1:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 1:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:57am
Mick's white duster from that period makes me wonder whether he remembered to turn off the bunsen burners in the lab before heading to the gig.
Flasher Mac not lab coat.
Close enough to being a lab coat to let me make a dumb joke, tho.
Hey man don't let me spoil your party. ;)
It made no sudden impact on me.
....So fucking BAD. :approve:
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15078
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Silent Majority » 02 Aug 2019, 2:18pm

Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this on my TV. Amazing Medicine Show. Mick's still in Best Guitar Player in the world mode there. And Don's BAD rap is so much better when delivered with conviction.
There's a lot of wreckage in the ravine

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43577
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Aug 2019, 2:33pm

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:18pm
Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this on my TV. Amazing Medicine Show. Mick's still in Best Guitar Player in the world mode there. And Don's BAD rap is so much better when delivered with conviction.
Yep that clip is quality.
Image

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4998
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by muppet hi fi » 05 Aug 2019, 9:46pm

Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this - outstanding! Where you getting these clips? You got a mate in the industry? Anyways, thanks for these, mate.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31432
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Heston » 06 Aug 2019, 12:33am

muppet hi fi wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 9:46pm
Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this - outstanding! Where you getting these clips? You got a mate in the industry? Anyways, thanks for these, mate.
A friend has limited access to the ITV archives.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31432
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Heston » 06 Aug 2019, 1:07pm

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:18pm
Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this on my TV. Amazing Medicine Show. Mick's still in Best Guitar Player in the world mode there. And Don's BAD rap is so much better when delivered with conviction.
The best thing about this performance for me is Leo's bass being really prominent. Exactly how I remember them live. Now if only the records had been like that...
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43577
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Marky Dread » 06 Aug 2019, 1:46pm

Heston wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 1:07pm
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:18pm
Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this on my TV. Amazing Medicine Show. Mick's still in Best Guitar Player in the world mode there. And Don's BAD rap is so much better when delivered with conviction.
The best thing about this performance for me is Leo's bass being really prominent. Exactly how I remember them live. Now if only the records had been like that...
Always been my self same problem with the records. Still wonder why no official live album.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Aug 2019, 2:46pm

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 1:46pm
Heston wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 1:07pm
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:18pm
Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this on my TV. Amazing Medicine Show. Mick's still in Best Guitar Player in the world mode there. And Don's BAD rap is so much better when delivered with conviction.
The best thing about this performance for me is Leo's bass being really prominent. Exactly how I remember them live. Now if only the records had been like that...
Always been my self same problem with the records. Still wonder why no official live album.
Image
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43577
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Marky Dread » 06 Aug 2019, 3:39pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 2:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 1:46pm
Heston wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 1:07pm
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 2:18pm
Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 8:01pm
Here is the Eurotube performance from later in the year. There's other versions on YouTube but this is straight from the reel. This is my favourite live Medicine Show...

Just watched this on my TV. Amazing Medicine Show. Mick's still in Best Guitar Player in the world mode there. And Don's BAD rap is so much better when delivered with conviction.
The best thing about this performance for me is Leo's bass being really prominent. Exactly how I remember them live. Now if only the records had been like that...
Always been my self same problem with the records. Still wonder why no official live album.
Image
No. 10 Upping Feet to the Fire.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests