MLB 2019

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28015
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Flex » 08 Aug 2019, 9:27pm

revbob wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 9:26pm
Which team is that?
Sale pitched a gem for the Sox tonight.

Good case to be made that what the Rockies are doing on the field at Coors doesn't count as baseball in the strictest sense of the word.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33698
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2019

Post by tepista » 08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm

we quit the day after we lost a 16 inning game at home to Baltimore. Zero effort from everyone, I'm embarrassed.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33698
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2019

Post by tepista » 08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm

and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9405
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2019

Post by BostonBeaneater » 09 Aug 2019, 9:19am

tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Aug 2019, 9:40am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Surely there's a sun-tanned version of Shaughnessy in the L.A. market.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8629
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2019

Post by revbob » 09 Aug 2019, 9:53am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Aug 2019, 10:06am

revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33698
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2019

Post by tepista » 09 Aug 2019, 11:21am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
Pill addiction and adultery? I thought it was fried chicken and video games?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Aug 2019, 11:33am

tepista wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
Pill addiction and adultery? I thought it was fried chicken and video games?
That was the pitching staff (Lester, Beckett, and Lackey primarily, I think). After Tito left, the Boston media engaged in ugly rumours about Tito's private life.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33698
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2019

Post by tepista » 09 Aug 2019, 11:50am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:33am
tepista wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am


We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
Pill addiction and adultery? I thought it was fried chicken and video games?
That was the pitching staff (Lester, Beckett, and Lackey primarily, I think). After Tito left, the Boston media engaged in ugly rumours about Tito's private life.
I remember it was the players with the chicken, but I thought the manager caught the heat for allowing it, you know out of control clubhouse. Nice guys, those media dudes "Thanks for all the World Serieses, don't let the pills and side pussy hit you on the ass on your way out...Oops, did I just say that out loud?" Snitches get stitches.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Aug 2019, 11:55am

tepista wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:33am
tepista wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am


Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
Pill addiction and adultery? I thought it was fried chicken and video games?
That was the pitching staff (Lester, Beckett, and Lackey primarily, I think). After Tito left, the Boston media engaged in ugly rumours about Tito's private life.
I remember it was the players with the chicken, but I thought the manager caught the heat for allowing it, you know out of control clubhouse. Nice guys, those media dudes "Thanks for all the World Serieses, don't let the pills and side pussy hit you on the ass on your way out...Oops, did I just say that out loud?" Snitches get stitches.
Seriously. Tito should have been bulletproof, even with the 2011 collapse, but he wasn't allowed to just leave with everyone's gratitude. I wonder if Belichick has achieved enough to avoid that shit when he retires. Tho he's held the media in such contempt that I imagine they're just itching to take him down a peg when he goes.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8629
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2019

Post by revbob » 09 Aug 2019, 12:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
"Tito" sounds kind of "ethnic" though. That may have made some of the Boston faithful a little uncomfortable.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Aug 2019, 12:46pm

revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
"Tito" sounds kind of "ethnic" though. That may have made some of the Boston faithful a little uncomfortable.
A slightly chubby pale white guy was a safe choice. Now, Cora …
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9405
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2019

Post by BostonBeaneater » 10 Aug 2019, 10:10am

The powers that be breathe a sigh of relief upon hearing about Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘suicide’.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Aug 2019, 10:36am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 10:10am
The powers that be breathe a sigh of relief upon hearing about Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘suicide’.
Image
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests