Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:32am
Darth Johnson!
False. There is not still good in him.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 10:21am
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 9:23am
Election is looking likely now.
Less ambiguity this time than the Brexit vote about what people are opting for—jumping off a fucking cliff or not (mind you, in that "not" is a further range of possibilities).
I think the Labour Party have about evens chances of winning if they do call it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 10:21am
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 9:23am
Election is looking likely now.
Less ambiguity this time than the Brexit vote about what people are opting for—jumping off a fucking cliff or not (mind you, in that "not" is a further range of possibilities).
I think the Labour Party have about evens chances of winning if they do call it.
It's a weird set of circumstances, from what I've read, is that Labour has to worry about the Lib Dems siphoning votes and the Conservatives have to worry about the Brexit Party siphoning votes. First Past the Post muddies things so damned much.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:40am
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:32am
Darth Johnson!
False. There is not still good in him.
He's trying to smash the rebel alliance.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

LMAO, Boris just lost his majority.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 10:43am
Dramatically, no less. I've never seen something like that happen in the middle of a debate.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 10:45am
Flex wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 10:43am
Dramatically, no less. I've never seen something like that happen in the middle of a debate.
Well, now.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

I've made the decision to once more begrudgingly, but tirelessly, campaign for Labour if an election is called.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:07pm
I've made the decision to once more begrudgingly, but tirelessly, campaign for Labour if an election is called.
What are their chances in your riding?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:20pm
Silent Majority wrote:
In my area? Really good, I think this is pretty much a safe seat. For the general? I have literally no idea, tending towards pessimism.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
I'm seeing some Lib Dem supporters that I sort of legacy-follow from Woke Doctor Who circles resigning today as it becomes clear to them they're just the new Remainer Tories party. Would be interesting if they suffer a little backlash now that they don't own the anti-brexit lane quite so authoritatively and their center-right predilections get re-exposed. Seems like them backsliding a bit would improve Labour's chances considerably.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:20pm
Silent Majority wrote:
In my area? Really good, I think this is pretty much a safe seat. For the general? I have literally no idea, tending towards pessimism.
If people can't be motivated on this last shot at avoiding catastrophe, they've accepted the idea that their interests don't mean much to them. As I said above a few days ago, this won't have the ambiguity of the Brexit vote; vote Tory or Brexit and you're accepting calamity.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wow, 21 dissidents held firm and voted against the government. The threats didn't work.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 5:54pm
Wow, 21 dissidents held firm and voted against the government. The threats didn't work.
If these MPs can come together now why couldn't they have done this from the start for what's best for the country and not their individual parties.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 1:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 5:54pm
If these MPs can come together now why couldn't they have done this from the start for what's best for the country and not their individual parties.
Hoping that they wouldn't have to sacrifice their political careers over this, but Boris pushed them to the edge. Supposedly Rees-Synthesizer's condescending lecture/threat beforehand also pushed a handful into defiance.