06 Sep 2019, 8:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 8:09am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 8:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 6:26am
That's a clever edit right?
Apparently not. If it was a deliberate tactic and not that that guy is seriously polite, it's a great way to calm your opponent before telling him to get the fuck out of your life.
Ok I have listened to it over and over and it doesn't sound like Boris to my ears. Just odd I guess. Anyway the guy is a legend.
Here's the story I pulled it from: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 93856.html
Brilliant stuff. I also liked the guy who heckled Boris for not being in Brussels.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla »

First he makes his "rather die in a ditch" than go to Brussels to negotiate comment yesterday, and then No. 10 refused to rule out the possibility that he'd resign as PM if he doesn't get his October election (which both Labour and LibDems have now ruled out). The former threat is a preferable outcome, but what a howler that would be if he actually did resign (not that I expect it to happen) rather than fight a general election after losing every key vote in Parliament. Canada's got an election coming up in October, but fuck that, this is way more mesmerizing. Hell, your Tory leader makes the leader of our Conservatives look competent.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

The die in a ditch and resignation comments were both in reference to him being legally compelled to ask Brussels for an extension. He wont do it, cant do it, as it would shred what little dignity and authority the wretch has left with the base he is desperately pitching for, as Farage looks on from the sideline laughing his tits off. By doing so he then pits his country in the midst of a constitutional crisis (or at least a more serious constitutional crisis than the one they're already in) and will dare them to take action against him in the hope of making himself a martyr. Bout all he's got left at this stage.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 3:17pm
The die in a ditch and resignation comments were both in reference to him being legally compelled to ask Brussels for an extension. He wont do it, cant do it, as it would shred what little dignity and authority the wretch has left with the base he is desperately pitching for, as Farage looks on from the sideline laughing his tits off. By doing so he then pits his country in the midst of a constitutional crisis (or at least a more serious constitutional crisis than the one they're already in) and will dare them to take action against him in the hope of making himself a martyr. Bout all he's got left at this stage.
Right. It's remarkable how he's played himself into that corner so quickly. But I guess when your entire life is about failing upward, fear of failing doesn't enter into things.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 3:41pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Right. It's remarkable how he's played himself into that corner so quickly. But I guess when your entire life is about failing upward, fear of failing doesn't enter into things.
In one way its kind of remarkable alright, but in another not so much, as the wider world is simply getting to grips with just how shit this guy is at politics, as well as his master strategist - the so-called "big brain" Cummings - not being half as clever as he likes to think he is. Seems they bet their house on Corbyn not being able to get it together with the other opposition leaders and seeing as that gamble has failed miserably, their natural arrogant response is to double down. Corbyn has played a blinder to be fair to him, but the other parties have to show some faith in him or else the momentum they have gained will risk coming to nothing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 4:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
In one way its kind of remarkable alright, but in another not so much, as the wider world is simply getting to grips with just how shit this guy is at politics, as well as his master strategist - the so-called "big brain" Cummings - not being half as clever as he likes to think he is. Seems they bet their house on Corbyn not being able to get it together with the other opposition leaders and seeing as that gamble has failed miserably, their natural arrogant response is to double down. Corbyn has played a blinder to be fair to him, but the other parties have to show some faith in him or else the momentum they have gained will risk coming to nothing.
That's how it's seemed to me, from my limited reading of things. Their strategy seemed like bullying their side and assuming that their opponents would roll over. In other words, that the best case would be the one that would come to pass. Equal parts arrogance and absolute stupidity. The same calculus that drives Trump—he'll win because he wants to and the opposition will obviously cave. They're like acidhead hippies who think reality is whatever you want it to be.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 4:33pm
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 4:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
That's how it's seemed to me, from my limited reading of things. Their strategy seemed like bullying their side and assuming that their opponents would roll over. In other words, that the best case would be the one that would come to pass. Equal parts arrogance and absolute stupidity. The same calculus that drives Trump—he'll win because he wants to and the opposition will obviously cave. They're like acidhead hippies who think reality is whatever you want it to be.
Yeah, think that's more or less it. That bully boy attitude worked for Cummings in the 2016 referendum campaign, but he's in a whole new ball game now and meeting a different class of opponent. We have a phrase where i come from that says "you're playing senior hurling now" where men get quickly separated from the boys. They figured best case scenario was getting brexit done before 31 Oct, call election destroy Corbyn while worst case scenario was having to call election before Oct 31, play the victim card of being stopped by undemocratic parliament from implementing the will of the people, win election then do brexit. As it happens, even their worst case scenario isn't coming to pass! Instead they're in worst nightmare scenario and it's rather delicious to observe.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Fine, I'll do it.

I'll become PM and fix Brexit. 😑

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:32am
Fine, I'll do it.

I'll become PM and fix Brexit. 😑
Agreed but only if you fix IMCT first. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49644990
In 2012, when she was home secretary, Theresa May brought in rules forcing overseas students to leave the UK four months after completing their degree. But the government has decided to extend the period they can stay while looking for a job to two years, reversing Mrs May's move.
Thanks for fucking me specifically over within this six-year window, you racist sack of shit.

I hope her insulin pump springs a leak.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Also, doubly-fuck Nick Clegg and his Lib-Dem collaborators who enabled every possible Nasty Party inclination, from austerity to hostile environment.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So, to those in the UK and are aware of these things, how likely is it that the UK Supreme Court will uphold the Scottish ruling about the perogation being unlawful? Just curious about whether the higher courts are inclined to get involved in political games.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 8:39am
So, to those in the UK and are aware of these things, how likely is it that the UK Supreme Court will uphold the Scottish ruling about the perogation being unlawful? Just curious about whether the higher courts are inclined to get involved in political games.
They don't like to normally. But in this case where the issue of our democracy has been given a kicking by Boris I think they will uphold the ruling.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 8:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They don't like to normally. But in this case where the issue of our democracy has been given a kicking by Boris I think they will uphold the ruling.
Which, from what I've read, would mean the end of Boris' political career for lying to Liz. Or at least for having officially been found lying to her. Fascinating shitshow, tho I'm sorry you folks are living it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 9:01am
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 8:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Which, from what I've read, would mean the end of Boris' political career for lying to Liz. Or at least for having officially been found lying to her. Fascinating shitshow, tho I'm sorry you folks are living it.
Boris will win either way. If he's found guilty and he should by some miracle go to prison then he will be infamous. He'll make a fortune when he writes his book and they make a movie of his great failure. Boris goes down in history either way.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia