Late stage capitalism

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Late stage capitalism

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 11:10am
We live in 850 square feet which is the biggest place I've lived in 10 years. New York City cured me of hoarding any stuff.
I'd be able to get used to that, but that's a gasp given what I'm used to now. Our house is definitely bigger than what two people and three cats need, but scaling back is hard to conceive.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 11:44am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We live in 850 square feet which is the biggest place I've lived in 10 years. New York City cured me of hoarding any stuff.
I'd be able to get used to that, but that's a gasp given what I'm used to now. Our house is definitely bigger than what two people and three cats need, but scaling back is hard to conceive.
It's easy, throw everything out. I used to hoard but now I find getting rid of stuff to be pretty liberating.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 12:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 11:44am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
It's easy, throw everything out. I used to hoard but now I find getting rid of stuff to be pretty liberating.
Easier when you don't have the room. When you have the room, the inclination is to fill in spaces. I can, with some justification, blame The Boss. When we were house hunting, my tendencies were to something smaller, but this was exactly what she wanted, and I do quite like our home.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i haven't lived in a space with more than 900 square feet since I left my parents back in the day. I hold on to very little crap except my (extremely large) music collection. I always manage to figure out how to keep that around (and grow it)...
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 12:56pm
i haven't lived in a space with more than 900 square feet since I left my parents back in the day. I hold on to very little crap except my (extremely large) music collection. I always manage to figure out how to keep that around (and grow it)...
Just add water...

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Whereas I've managed to shrink my music collection (physically). Books, on the other hand, keep growing despite my preference for eBooks.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 1:23pm
Flex wrote:
Whereas I've managed to shrink my music collection (physically). Books, on the other hand, keep growing despite my preference for eBooks.
I have both.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 5:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I have both.
Capitalist whore.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 5:48pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I have both.
Capitalist whore.
Yeah, but only for that stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 5:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I have both.
Capitalist whore.
I'm a rebel who pirates music and books. I'm part of the solution or something.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 6:08pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I have both.
Capitalist whore.
Psh tell that to Metallica

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Books are for burning.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 8:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I have both.
Capitalist whore.
Has a band with a rebel image every seen that cred evaporate as quickly when they went after Napster? They've never recovered from that, either.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 9:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Capitalist whore.
Has a band with a rebel image every seen that cred evaporate as quickly when they went after Napster? They've never recovered from that, either.
Have they ever really had a rebel image? Lars was almost going to be a professional tennis player, FFS.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Oct 2019, 9:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 9:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Have they ever really had a rebel image? Lars was almost going to be a professional tennis player, FFS.
Depends, I suppose, on your standard for rebel, but I'd say up to the Black Album they had it. Even the success of "Sandman" was treated as some kind of victory over bland chart music rather than a sell-out of any kind. But suing Napster placed them solely on the side of commerce vs. fans.