Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 3:03am
BitterTom wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 1:34am
It's only the start of October and we're already making pigs in blankets for Christmas. One of the lads has put Xmas tunes on to make it worse, losing the will here.
Are people going to freeze them?
Those pigs are in blankets they be nice and warm. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
It's only the start of October and we're already making pigs in blankets for Christmas. One of the lads has put Xmas tunes on to make it worse, losing the will here.
I usually eat them but to each his/her own.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Yeah freezing a load of them. I must've made a few thousand chipolatas already

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I dropped my new mouse on the floor and something came loose on the wheel. It still scrolls, but it doesn't have that clicky feeling anymore, and I'm feeling really lost without it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 11:31am
I dropped my new mouse on the floor and something came loose on the wheel. It still scrolls, but it doesn't have that clicky feeling anymore, and I'm feeling really lost without it.
Heh. That reminds me of a manuscript I copy-edited about a year ago, about music/sound and automobiles. Technology has made engines efficient enough that they don't produce as much noise, but drivers feel uncomfortable without it, so new cars and trucks artificially create engine noise that's pumped into the interior of the vehicle. Which just seems crazy to me. I'd prefer less noise when I'm in the car, except for revbob's Super Jam Band Killer Mix CD 2019.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 11:41am
Mimi wrote:
Heh. That reminds me of a manuscript I copy-edited about a year ago, about music/sound and automobiles. Technology has made engines efficient enough that they don't produce as much noise, but drivers feel uncomfortable without it, so new cars and trucks artificially create engine noise that's pumped into the interior of the vehicle. Which just seems crazy to me. I'd prefer less noise when I'm in the car, except for revbob's Super Jam Band Killer Mix CD 2019.
How do you rate?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 11:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
How do you rate?
4.5 patchouli-soaked hacky sacks out of 5.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 12:00pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
How do you rate?
Apropos of nothing...

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
How do you rate?
How's it compare to those Phish bootlegs I sent you. Trey was really on fire at the Buffalo show.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
How do you rate?
How's it compare to those Phish bootlegs I sent you. Trey was really on fire at the Buffalo show.
I was so grooving in my Guatemalan poncho. I didn't think a solo could go on for 25 minutes, but, damn, I didn't want it to end.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just came back from the grocery store—sudden craving for a baguette—and can report two things:
1) George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" was playing. Even tho he ripped off the Chiffons, dang but that song makes me feel good when I hear it.
2) The guy in line ahead of me was buying 12 cans of Old Milwaukee and 6 of Coors Light. It is seriously beyond my brain to figure out why someone chooses shitty beer. Sometimes that's all there is, but this store has much more to choose from. Why pick crap? I just can't believe anyone prefers that.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 5:58pm
Just came back from the grocery store—sudden craving for a baguette—and can report two things:
1) George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" was playing. Even tho he ripped off the Chiffons, dang but that song makes me feel good when I hear it.
2) The guy in line ahead of me was buying 12 cans of Old Milwaukee and 6 of Coors Light. It is seriously beyond my brain to figure out why someone chooses shitty beer. Sometimes that's all there is, but this store has much more to choose from. Why pick crap? I just can't believe anyone prefers that.
I drink Rainier a lot on the weekends. It's fresh and goes down nice with lime without leaving a rock in your stomach. Of course, I drink to get drunk on the weekends, so one or two Rainiers isn't going to do it for me. I suspect that was this guy's strategy too. Long-term drinking, less filling.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 6:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I drink Rainier a lot on the weekends. It's fresh and goes down nice with lime without leaving a rock in your stomach. Of course, I drink to get drunk on the weekends, so one or two Rainiers isn't going to do it for me. I suspect that was this guy's strategy too. Long-term drinking, less filling.
I just don't get it. Spend an extra $3 and get something that tastes good.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
OK, 1: I love this cover of My Sweet Lord from the Trojan set

2: I don't like beer myself, I do shots and shit, but if I am having a beer or two during a football game or a picnic, I want something light, watery with bubbles. I hate skunk, I hate stout, I hate craft beer, I hate every flavor of almost every beer. I prefer Coors Light or Tecate Light, and I can handle Modello, and I like Micheladas.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 7:15pm
2: I don't like beer myself, I do shots and shit, but if I am having a beer or two during a football game or a picnic, I want something light, watery with bubbles. I hate skunk, I hate stout, I hate craft beer, I hate every flavor of almost every beer. I prefer Coors Light or Tecate Light, and I can handle Modello, and I like Micheladas.
That's why I never drank beer—I hate all that cheap-ass lager crap. It wasn't until I discovered stuff like stout that I realized I could love beer.