Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Today I learned …

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 9:02pm
revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 8:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 4:32pm
… that Priscilla Barnes, the last of the blonde roommates on Three's Company, was a Penthouse Pet in the 1970s. Also, they sure loved soft-focus photography back then.
I think she may have been my least favorite. I wasn't a big Suzanne Sommers fan either. My teen hormones raged for Joyce DeWitt.
I know I watched the show at the time, but I remember so little of it besides Norman Fell grinning at the camera and Don Knotts' lemur eyes.
And usually, i think, there was some sort of wacky misunderstanding. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 1:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
… that Priscilla Barnes, the last of the blonde roommates on Three's Company, was a Penthouse Pet in the 1970s. Also, they sure loved soft-focus photography back then.
I think she may have been my least favorite. I wasn't a big Suzanne Sommers fan either. My teen hormones raged for Joyce DeWitt.
I know I watched the show at the time, but I remember so little of it besides Norman Fell grinning at the camera and Don Knotts' lemur eyes.
Wasn't Three's Company about the humour from clear communication and an aversion to half-baked schemes?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 1:45pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wasn't Three's Company about the humour from clear communication and an aversion to half-baked schemes?
I only recently learned that there was a Three's Company spin off called The Ropers that somehow managed to last 2 seasons.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 2:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I only recently learned that there was a Three's Company spin off called The Ropers that somehow managed to last 2 seasons.
I remember it, but I didn't know it last two seasons. There was also a post-Three's Company series with John Ritter that didn't last very long.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 2:53pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I remember it, but I didn't know it last two seasons. There was also a post-Three's Company series with John Ritter that didn't last very long.
Three's A Crowd

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 3:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Three's A Crowd
Are you talking about the UK show or was there another version?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Three's A Crowd
Yeah, that was it. Again, vague recollection of what it was about. Only that Joyce DeWitt's shag had moved on to permanent obscurity.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 3:14pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Three's A Crowd
Yeah, that was it. Again, vague recollection of what it was about. Only that Joyce DeWitt's shag had moved on to permanent obscurity.
I saw the pilot for it. If I recall correctly (and lord knows my memory is fickle), the pilot literally flowed directly from the final of 3’s Company so it was a continuous broadcast.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 3:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Three's A Crowd
I saw the pilot for it. If I recall correctly (and lord knows my memory is fickle), the pilot literally flowed directly from the final of 3’s Company so it was a continuous broadcast.
What's weird about that spin-off/rebranding is that John Ritter was clearly the guy ready to go off and do better things, but he was the only one continuing a 3C character. They must have offered a conveyor belt of money to him to keep at it.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Three's A Crowd
I think it involved Jack running a restaurant.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 3:58pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Three's A Crowd
What's weird about that spin-off/rebranding is that John Ritter was clearly the guy ready to go off and do better things, but he was the only one continuing a 3C character. They must have offered a conveyor belt of money to him to keep at it.
They apparently did everything they could to keep the rest of the cast in complete darkness over the cancellation of Three's Company and the debut of Three's A Crowd. Joyce DeWitt chanced upon auditions for the new show when she stopped by the studio to set up her dressing room for when production resumed after the winter filming hiatus. Oops.

John Ritter was a pretty funny guy.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Three's A Crowd
They apparently did everything they could to keep the rest of the cast in complete darkness over the cancellation of Three's Company and the debut of Three's A Crowd. Joyce DeWitt chanced upon auditions for the new show when she stopped by the studio to set up her dressing room for when production resumed after the winter filming hiatus. Oops.

I loved him. Was genuinely sad when he died.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 4:07pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I loved him. Was genuinely sad when he died.
Me too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Three's A Crowd

That … speaks poorly of John Ritter that, as the clear star, he'd participate in keeping his castmates in the dark about their professional future. Or maybe they all hated each other?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
John Ritter was clearly the guy ready to go off and do better things
Bride of Chucky and heart disease.

jk, i like him
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak