Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Online music exchange.
River
Long Time Jerk

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 5:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 4:59pm
Heston wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 4:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 4:26pm
Heston wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 4:00pm

I would prefer the Marky remaster if possible. Weren't you working on this mate?
Yep it's done mate. I've just got to separate the tracks and tag them. I'll send it off to Laxman on Monday via a data stick. Then our friend will upload it as I've no internet as yet. Cheers.
Excellent, I'm waiting for your version. Is it an audience tape? How's the quality? Great to see a new show resurface, especially one with Topper.
It's a very good audience tape. Quality is decent in my opinion. A great long version of Clampdown and cracking version of One More Time and also a great Junco.
Sweet
Sorry about that, Marky! I must've completely missed you discussing remastering this in your thread. Looking forward to what you've done for work on it.

I'm listening through it now though, fantastic show so far. I personally put it as the top Japan show, and I'm only halfway in. Like you said, One More Time was fantastic, same with Junco Partner. I really enjoyed Should I Stay and Know Your Rights as well. Those were really fun. Topper's drumming sounds so good. Really loud on this one. Same with Mick's guitar, has a great punch.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Oo, could someone MEGA that sucker for those without an account?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

River wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 10:23pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 4:26pm

Yep it's done mate. I've just got to separate the tracks and tag them. I'll send it off to Laxman on Monday via a data stick. Then our friend will upload it as I've no internet as yet. Cheers.
Excellent, I'm waiting for your version. Is it an audience tape? How's the quality? Great to see a new show resurface, especially one with Topper.
It's a very good audience tape. Quality is decent in my opinion. A great long version of Clampdown and cracking version of One More Time and also a great Junco.
Sweet
Sorry about that, Marky! I must've completely missed you discussing remastering this in your thread. Looking forward to what you've done for work on it.

I'm listening through it now though, fantastic show so far. I personally put it as the top Japan show, and I'm only halfway in. Like you said, One More Time was fantastic, same with Junco Partner. I really enjoyed Should I Stay and Know Your Rights as well. Those were really fun. Topper's drumming sounds so good. Really loud on this one. Same with Mick's guitar, has a great punch.
No worries mate can't have too much Clash. ;)

Yeah that version of Know Your Rights does pack a punch and SISoSIG does sound great.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 4:54am
River wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Sweet

Yeah that version of Know Your Rights does pack a punch and SISoSIG does sound great.
Have you posted it already? I've looked and not been able to see anything new.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 6:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 4:54am
River wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sweet

Have you posted it already? I've looked and not been able to see anything new.
Nope. I've finished remastering it and will send it to Laxman by a data stick and he will post as I've not got a full internet. Be a couple of days mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Goddamn this show is good. The difference in energy/fun between this gig and the filmed one a few nights later is staggering.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

yetaca wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 12:33am
Goddamn this show is good. The difference in energy/fun between this gig and the filmed one a few nights later is staggering.
Yep I reckon being filmed killed that show.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 5:23am
yetaca wrote:
I've read Joe was ill that night. You actually see him eject a ball of phlegm at one point.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 6:30am
Marky Dread wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 5:23am
yetaca wrote:
I've read Joe was ill that night. You actually see him eject a ball of phlegm at one point.
Yeah with the band feeding off his energy then that makes sense.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I'm trying to get the NYC Pier 84 shows from 8/31/82 and 9/1/82 but the links aren't cooperating. Could someone please assist? Thanks!

kurtrat
Corner Soul

Post by kurtrat »

Thank you very much to everyone who worked on this awesome list! The early shows all come out great, but when I try to download the soundboard shows of 1981 and 1982, the files are missing. I was wondering if they could be reloaded, if it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Thank you very much regardless!
lorrie
kurtrat

Heston

Post by Heston »

kurtrat wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 5:47pm
Thank you very much to everyone who worked on this awesome list! The early shows all come out great, but when I try to download the soundboard shows of 1981 and 1982, the files are missing. I was wondering if they could be reloaded, if it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Thank you very much regardless!
lorrie
kurtrat
Hi mate, you can try here...

https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/1 ... 52016.html
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

kurtrat
Corner Soul

Post by kurtrat »

That worked out great! thank you very much!

Hi mate, you can try here...

https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/1 ... 52016.html
[/quote]

ipswichbombs
Corner Soul

Post by ipswichbombs »

Hello there,

Is anyone able to upload or upload a file for the untitled and unknown song that plays during the DVD menu of the Hell W10 video that was part of the Essential Clash DVD? Currently, is there any further knowledge of where this piece of music derives and of there is a longer version?

Thank you for your help

Heston

Post by Heston »

ipswichbombs wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 4:53pm
Hello there,

Is anyone able to upload or upload a file for the untitled and unknown song that plays during the DVD menu of the Hell W10 video that was part of the Essential Clash DVD? Currently, is there any further knowledge of where this piece of music derives and of there is a longer version?

Thank you for your help
I will upload it tomorrow if no one gets there first.