Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 3:02am
Speaking of hating yourself, I'm once more swallowing my pride and my principles to get out and stump as hard as possible for the stupid fucking Labour Party. The Road to Centrism.
I see no political parties anymore. Just one big group of morons who have their own interests at heart.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 4:29am
Silent Majority wrote:
Speaking of hating yourself, I'm once more swallowing my pride and my principles to get out and stump as hard as possible for the stupid fucking Labour Party. The Road to Centrism.
I see no political parties anymore. Just one big group of morons who have their own interests at heart.
Obviously, I disagree. I think the Corbyn project, flawed and battered as it is, does have the potential to change the country very slightly for the better.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 9:45am
Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Obviously, I disagree. I think the Corbyn project, flawed and battered as it is, does have the potential to change the country very slightly for the better.
I think you've made my point perfectly for me with this.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 10:20am
Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I'm not going to take up arms for the kind of revolution that I believe can only make a real difference. Less austerity, less wars, a touch more economic justice and an approach to the environment that isn't solely motivated by profit is worth the hard work I'm starting.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 10:59am
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 10:20am
Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I'm not going to take up arms for the kind of revolution that I believe can only make a real difference. Less austerity, less wars, a touch more economic justice and an approach to the environment that isn't solely motivated by profit is worth the hard work I'm starting.
I know your heart is in the right place my friend.

Saying Labour (my party of choice) is going to make this country "slightly better" simply doesn't cut it. If the UK is a bowl of jelly it's not enough to just stick a cherry on top. There's enough custard, 100s & 1000s and bits of fruit for us all to have a really nice triffle. For the many not the few right?

So Mr. Corbyn don't do something that makes your (our) party look good do something that's good for all of us.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

These Labour polls have me becoming extremely cautiously optimistic.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 2:57pm
Do you think they can actually eke out a win or are you just hoping to avoid a Tory majority?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 3:10pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Do you think they can actually eke out a win or are you just hoping to avoid a Tory majority?
Well, I don't expect a Labour majority, but I think there's a chance of them getting in via coalition with the SNP.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 3:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Well, I don't expect a Labour majority, but I think there's a chance of them getting in via coalition with the SNP.
Fingers crossed. Are the LibDems so firm that they'd never make a temporary peace to stop Brexit?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 3:39pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Fingers crossed. Are the LibDems so firm that they'd never make a temporary peace to stop Brexit?
They're Tory maniacs in sensible shoes. I can scarcely understand their motives. My main fear is that they support the Conservatives in a hung parliament.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 3:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 3:39pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
They're Tory maniacs in sensible shoes. I can scarcely understand their motives. My main fear is that they support the Conservatives in a hung parliament.
They baffle me. If their intent is cancel Brexit, a limited deal with Labour can do that, but their rhetoric is like any alliance would lead to Corbyn raising the hammer and sickle. Never trust the centrists.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

With trump entering the fray as bojo's unofficial campaign manager, this might not be a bad week for the corbynistas.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 6:05pm
With trump entering the fray as bojo's unofficial campaign manager, this might not be a bad week for the corbynistas.
Agreed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How do Conservatives in the UK regard Trump?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 7:07pm
How do Conservatives in the UK regard Trump?
You got to respect the office, the US is our closest ally. And you know what? He may be uncouth, but he gets things done.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/