The Dictator observations thread.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28254
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Flex » 07 Nov 2019, 1:43pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 1:29pm
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bill-gat ... 5138825814

Can you imagine somebody fretting about hypothetically being reduced to having "only" $6B? Wealth really is a sickness.
There are no good billionaires
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10894
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Kory » 07 Nov 2019, 5:54pm

Flex wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 1:29pm
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bill-gat ... 5138825814

Can you imagine somebody fretting about hypothetically being reduced to having "only" $6B? Wealth really is a sickness.
There are no good billionaires
I have two thoughts about this, which I'm sure are the opposite of original:

1) I imagine they really fear being poor and so hoard as much as possible as a bulwark against this.
2) A lot of people I know that have a lot of money think they are already poor because they don't know how to look beyond their own experience.

Either way, they're fucking idiots.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84146
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Nov 2019, 6:26pm

Kory wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 5:54pm
Flex wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 1:29pm
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bill-gat ... 5138825814

Can you imagine somebody fretting about hypothetically being reduced to having "only" $6B? Wealth really is a sickness.
There are no good billionaires
I have two thoughts about this, which I'm sure are the opposite of original:

1) I imagine they really fear being poor and so hoard as much as possible as a bulwark against this.
2) A lot of people I know that have a lot of money think they are already poor because they don't know how to look beyond their own experience.

Either way, they're fucking idiots.
Or the more money they have, the more they move up the line that defines personal poverty. If you've got, say, $10M, then $1M equals the poverty line. Wealth vs. poverty is never a simple numerical relationship, but constantly revising itself. I know that as our household material circumstance has improved, I've regularly moved up the minimum bank balance that I think we should be at. But I'd never think of us as being poor if some expenditure put us under that line.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84146
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2019, 12:47pm

Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18200
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by JennyB » 12 Nov 2019, 11:01am

Oh good. My organization is being monitored! My boss is pictured holding the orange sign.

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/11/bor ... veillance/
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28254
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Flex » 12 Nov 2019, 11:14am

JennyB wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 11:01am
Oh good. My organization is being monitored! My boss is pictured holding the orange sign.

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/11/bor ... veillance/
Hope the government likes having opinions about Fingerpoppin!

And wow, that's wild. Means your organization is doing impactful work, imho.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84146
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Nov 2019, 11:15am

JennyB wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 11:01am
Oh good. My organization is being monitored! My boss is pictured holding the orange sign.

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/11/bor ... veillance/
Make sure you look nice for the spy photos.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18200
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by JennyB » 12 Nov 2019, 12:52pm

Flex wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 11:14am
JennyB wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 11:01am
Oh good. My organization is being monitored! My boss is pictured holding the orange sign.

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/11/bor ... veillance/
Hope the government likes having opinions about Fingerpoppin!

And wow, that's wild. Means your organization is doing impactful work, imho.
I hope! On both counts. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18200
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by JennyB » 12 Nov 2019, 12:52pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 11:15am
JennyB wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 11:01am
Oh good. My organization is being monitored! My boss is pictured holding the orange sign.

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/11/bor ... veillance/
Make sure you look nice for the spy photos.
Why do you think I've actually bothered to put on makeup lately?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests