08 Nov 2019, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 5:53pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 5:45pm

I just like how he works his catch phrase into most conversations:

"Yeah but that guitar solo..." always makes me laugh.
Okay, yeah, that line does kick ass. And the studio audience definitely agrees given that everyone on-screen has to stop what they're doing to wait for the laughter to die down.
The thing is the guy in the white shirt and tie does look like Tom.
This was an odd thread to come across.
Never seen this before but was highly amusing!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 7:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 7:23pm
BitterTom wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 5:53pm

Okay, yeah, that line does kick ass. And the studio audience definitely agrees given that everyone on-screen has to stop what they're doing to wait for the laughter to die down.
The thing is the guy in the white shirt and tie does look like Tom.
This was an odd thread to come across.
Never seen this before but was highly amusing!
Emery had some great fun characters. I thought with your fondness of the Carry On stuff you would be amused.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
Real talk: the Kiss version of Black Diamond is the best song on here. It just isn't nearly as good as the Replacements.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
Real talk: the Kiss version of Black Diamond is the best song on here. It just isn't nearly as good as the Replacements.
I'd have to listen to it to fully agree or disagree and it really doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
Right. Heston has created conditions where people can't vote for a KISS song without him claiming some kind of victory for all his insane KISS positions.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
Its a decent enough song by a band I have no time for vs a terrible song by a band I love. I go with the latter in a head to head matchup, apparently.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

It stands to reason after x many years/albums they could have one good song. But then there's Phil Collins so I guess it is possible to produce only shit music.

I might budge a little on Detroit Rock City. I just get the feeling that KISS is serious about their dumb lyrics.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 2:11pm
It stands to reason after x many years/albums they could have one good song. But then there's The Clash so I guess it is possible to produce only shit music.
;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
You see I take it the other way. The fact that the singer is someone we love adds to the hatred of the song not detracts.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 4:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
You see I take it the other way. The fact that the singer is someone we love adds to the hatred of the song not detracts.
I've never been amused by Fingerpoppin' only sadened by it's existance. Bloody awful song. This is The Clash not Wham were discussing here.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 5:11pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
I've never been amused by Fingerpoppin' only sadened by it's existance. Bloody awful song. This is The Clash not Wham were discussing here.
Yeah. Ironic EET WEEK stuff aside, Fingerpoppin’ is a crime against nature BECAUSE it’s Joe.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
That's valid and I understand where you're coming from, tho I'll always take shitty Joe over Billy Joel at his best.