The Clash Goes to Court!

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Re: The Clash Goes to Court!

Post by crashtheparty »

This is really disappointing to read. It’s like something a bully corporation would do.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The irony for me about "Clash" being trademarked is that Paul came up with the name from the Evening Standard or whichever newspaper he happened to be reading that day. The word being the one that appeared the most when describing events of the day.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

Indeed, Mark. The worst part of reading that article is that Dorisimo want $3 million from it as well. I’m sure a company as big as Wilson can afford it etc but that’s not what I take issue with. Given that Dorisimo is purely made up of Mick, Paul & Topper (as listed on Companies House) it’s a surprising/disappointing move and I wouldn’t mind being corrected if there’s something in the bigger picture I’m missing.

As for “The Clash have long had a presence in the tennis industry”. You could take a poll of 100 fans and not one would make that association.

What about Clash magazine? And that pop idol style tv show ‘The Clash’ that comes up on YouTube all the time?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

crashtheparty wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 5:35am
Indeed, Mark. The worst part of reading that article is that Dorisimo want $3 million from it as well. I’m sure a company as big as Wilson can afford it etc but that’s not what I take issue with. Given that Dorisimo is purely made up of Mick, Paul & Topper (as listed on Companies House) it’s a surprising/disappointing move and I wouldn’t mind being corrected if there’s something in the bigger picture I’m missing.

As for “The Clash have long had a presence in the tennis industry”. You could take a poll of 100 fans and not one would make that association.

What about Clash magazine? And that pop idol style tv show ‘The Clash’ that comes up on YouTube all the time?
New balls please. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 9:08am
crashtheparty wrote:

New balls please. ;)
It's not the same court case, but I remember watching 'Rude Boy' years after it's release and when the 'Guns On The Roof' outcome is in the film and they spill out onto the street, was amazed to realise that it was David Mellor QC representing Paul & Topper. I must have been watching this at the time of his involvement with Antonia de Sancha.
To paraphrase Marky, new Chelsea top please.

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

dave202 wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 3:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
crashtheparty wrote:

New balls please. ;)
It's not the same court case, but I remember watching 'Rude Boy' years after it's release and when the 'Guns On The Roof' outcome is in the film and they spill out onto the street, was amazed to realise that it was David Mellor QC representing Paul & Topper. I must have been watching this at the time of his involvement with Antonia de Sancha.
Yeah, Dave, I read something about it being David Mellor and was bemused at a big ol’ Tory repping the punx. Then again, Mick’s cousin is Grant Shapps. They’re everywhere!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

crashtheparty wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 5:40pm
dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
crashtheparty wrote:

New balls please. ;)
Yeah, Dave, I read something about it being David Mellor and was bemused at a big ol’ Tory repping the punx. Then again, Mick’s cousin is Grant Shapps. They’re everywhere!
Second cousin to be accurate.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

crashtheparty wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
crashtheparty wrote:

New balls please. ;)
I think it will have been the record company that hired Mellor. Can't see those two being able to afford Mellor back then.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 2:02am
crashtheparty wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
crashtheparty wrote:

New balls please. ;)
I think it will have been the record company that hired Mellor. Can't see those two being able to afford Mellor back then.
David Mellor - John Mellor. ;) just saying.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 7:35am
white man wrote:
crashtheparty wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

New balls please. ;)
You’re twisting my mellor man!!!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 2:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 7:35am
white man wrote:
crashtheparty wrote:
dave202 wrote:

You’re twisting my mellor man!!!!
You talk so hip man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia