Secret Agent Man demo

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9436
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by Inder » 06 Nov 2019, 10:28pm

Awesome. 😎

Wonder if this was planned for a soundtrack or something.

IkarisOne
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2998
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:09pm

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by IkarisOne » 06 Nov 2019, 11:11pm

Inder wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 10:28pm
Awesome. 😎

Wonder if this was planned for a soundtrack or something.

It sounds like it. It sounds almost like a wannabe Bond theme.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4663
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by daredevil » 06 Nov 2019, 11:15pm

IkarisOne wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:11pm
Inder wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 10:28pm
Awesome. 😎

Wonder if this was planned for a soundtrack or something.

It sounds like it. It sounds almost like a wannabe Bond theme.
I think it was for Triple X.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43630
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Nov 2019, 4:34pm

P. F. Sloan (Philip Gary Schlein) wrote some cool stuff.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43630
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Nov 2019, 4:40pm

Anyway it's pretty obvious Joe's was inspired by his true hero Bruce. ;)

Image

msza2
Sightsee MC
Posts: 293
Joined: 22 Aug 2012, 2:15pm

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by msza2 » 08 Nov 2019, 11:08am

Awesome find, I've been wanting to hear that original Streetcore tracklist for 10 years! The song itself isn't a lost classic or anything, but it's great to have.
daredevil wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:15pm
IkarisOne wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:11pm
Inder wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 10:28pm
Awesome. 😎

Wonder if this was planned for a soundtrack or something.

It sounds like it. It sounds almost like a wannabe Bond theme.
I think it was for Triple X.
You're right. I just checked -- Redemption Song mentions that Secret Agent Man was one of two songs recorded for Triple X (All In A Day being the other). But I wonder if they did a second version of SAM during the Streetcore sessions, because AIAD is absent from that original Streetcore tracklist.

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9436
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by Inder » 26 Nov 2019, 10:50pm

msza2 wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:08am
Awesome find, I've been wanting to hear that original Streetcore tracklist for 10 years! The song itself isn't a lost classic or anything, but it's great to have.
daredevil wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:15pm
IkarisOne wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:11pm
Inder wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 10:28pm
Awesome. 😎

Wonder if this was planned for a soundtrack or something.

It sounds like it. It sounds almost like a wannabe Bond theme.
I think it was for Triple X.
You're right. I just checked -- Redemption Song mentions that Secret Agent Man was one of two songs recorded for Triple X (All In A Day being the other). But I wonder if they did a second version of SAM during the Streetcore sessions, because AIAD is absent from that original Streetcore tracklist.
I wonder if it was maybe turned down or went unused (or something) and they were adapting the arrangement for Guitar Slinger Man.

VLADI
Corner Soul
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 3:15am

Re: Secret Agent Man demo

Post by VLADI » 30 Nov 2019, 6:11am

Heston wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 4:38am
Is this in circulation?

Fantastic

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests