Two Degrees of Separation

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
User avatar
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1715
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separatio

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

It’s not only the response. An album release through a record label requires a decent amount of promotion by the artist, a certain amount of responsibility. The press is currently arranged to sift any interview or passing comment for anything controversial, even an accidental statement, to use to rake the artist over the coals. It’s like an obstacle course.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner
Posts: 355
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Ask the Gangs of England?

User avatar
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1715
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

For you Bernie fans, turns out that the players on the Subway Sect album are nearly all veterans of Rhodes management. The rhythm section is from the JoBoxers, the guitarist is Johnny Britton, and of course Vic Godard and Mick Jones. The only other player is the keyboardist who worked in the Post Office with Vic (who did ten years with the Service). Anyway, it’s a good sounding rock and roll album, in which Vic tells his story. Nice one.

And for those hoping someday for some music from Mick himself, he loved working with Declan the engineer, who has collaborated with a lot of good people. Can’t hurt.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner
Posts: 355
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Not bothered.

User avatar
laxman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by laxman »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 3:34am
For you Bernie fans, turns out that the players on the Subway Sect album are nearly all veterans of Rhodes management. The rhythm section is from the JoBoxers, the guitarist is Johnny Britton, and of course Vic Godard and Mick Jones. The only other player is the keyboardist who worked in the Post Office with Vic (who did ten years with the Service). Anyway, it’s a good sounding rock and roll album, in which Vic tells his story. Nice one.

And for those hoping someday for some music from Mick himself, he loved working with Declan the engineer, who has collaborated with a lot of good people. Can’t hurt.
Thanks TeddyB. Really looking forward to it plus the possibility of new music from MJ.

User avatar
white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1121
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by white man »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 7:10am
Not bothered.
Merry Xmas

User avatar
101Walterton
The Best
Posts: 20205
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by 101Walterton »

white man wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 3:38am
MarkyJacobs wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 7:10am
Not bothered.
Merry Xmas
Does he look boverred

User avatar
laxman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by laxman »

https://gnuinc.bandcamp.com/track/how-high-the-walls

First track coming soon, Mick Jones on upright piano as well as producer.

User avatar
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1715
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

There’s a nice article in the February edition of Mojo or Uncut, I’ve forgotten which.

User avatar
white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1121
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by white man »

It's Pianner

User avatar
laxman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by laxman »

white man wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 2:11am
It's Pianner
I was confused by the upright bit. As opposed to what?

User avatar
laxman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by laxman »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 6:27pm
There’s a nice article in the February edition of Mojo or Uncut, I’ve forgotten which.
Thanks TeddyB, will check that out.

User avatar
white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1121
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by white man »

laxman wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 3:09am
white man wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 2:11am
It's Pianner
I was confused by the upright bit. As opposed to what?
In an upright piano, the strings are strung vertically to make the instrument more compact, which allows the piano to be played in a limited space. In contrast, the grand piano retains the shape of the original pianoforte in which the strings are strung horizontally, and has a greater potential for expression.

User avatar
laxman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by laxman »

white man wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 6:04pm
laxman wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 3:09am
white man wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 2:11am
It's Pianner
I was confused by the upright bit. As opposed to what?
In an upright piano, the strings are strung vertically to make the instrument more compact, which allows the piano to be played in a limited space. In contrast, the grand piano retains the shape of the original pianoforte in which the strings are strung horizontally, and has a greater potential for expression.
Thanks very much, I genuinely didn't know that.

User avatar
101Walterton
The Best
Posts: 20205
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Two Degrees of Separation

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 6:16pm
white man wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 6:04pm
laxman wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 3:09am
white man wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 2:11am
It's Pianner
I was confused by the upright bit. As opposed to what?
In an upright piano, the strings are strung vertically to make the instrument more compact, which allows the piano to be played in a limited space. In contrast, the grand piano retains the shape of the original pianoforte in which the strings are strung horizontally, and has a greater potential for expression.
Thanks very much, I genuinely didn't know that.
Nor me I just thought the only difference was one was smaller and less grand.

Post Reply