Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Whole lot of weirdness that I know had coherence in the dream but is already evaporating, but here are the elements I still recall:
• I was in Stalag 13 with the Hogan's Heroes gang, but I knew something was wrong because Kinch was explaining how important the Super Bowl was back in World War II. All this meant somehow that I was in another timeline and the Nazis had won the war.
• Then I was back in Saskatchewan, in a fairly open and rural area. There were four identical, Amityville Horror-looking houses that were "Hitler Houses." No idea what that means but that's what they were called.
• I decided to go for a walk and just get walking on the grid (i.e., gravel) roads, heading north. Much of the dream was just walking, walking, walking.
• But I got lost and didn't know how to get back, and was worried about food and a place to sleep. I stopped in various small towns and asked for directions or a grid road map, but people didn't want to help because I didn't have money.
• As it was getting dark, I just picked a direction and started walking again, hoping that this would get me home. Then, right before I woke up, two super sleek and thin shiny red jet fighters buzzed past me. They swooped down out of the sky and came inches from the ground. One of them kicked up enough wind to flip over an RV.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was riding in a pick-up truck with George W. Bush—he looked around the same age when he became president and was dressed in his "I'm a rancher" clothes—and looked at me quite seriously and said, "Don't let my moral lapses justify your own." Which is solid advice, but I'm pretty sure even in my dream he was a war criminal, so don't worry about that, buddy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

In my dream last night, I saw Alan Wilder and Dave Gahan at a restaurant. The restrooms were evidently super disgusting, so I went up to Alan and said “avoid the restrooms. They are so gross, you will just RECOIL.” He appreciated my pun and invited me to join them.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 8:15am
I was riding in a pick-up truck with George W. Bush—he looked around the same age when he became president and was dressed in his "I'm a rancher" clothes—and looked at me quite seriously and said, "Don't let my moral lapses justify your own." Which is solid advice, but I'm pretty sure even in my dream he was a war criminal, so don't worry about that, buddy.
Maybe it was predicting your future.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 8:15am
Maybe it was predicting your future.
The future is unwritten (so it's been said).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A whole bunch of us here were gathered around a tv to watch the premiere of a music video by a new line-up of Big Audio Dynamite. Mick looked like he did in the mid-80s, but the rest of the band were a bunch of fat, white, middle-aged slobs slogging around on the screen. Everyone felt embarrassed for Mick. Beaneater called them Really Big Audio Dining Out.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 7:35am
A whole bunch of us here were gathered around a tv to watch the premiere of a music video by a new line-up of Big Audio Dynamite. Mick looked like he did in the mid-80s, but the rest of the band were a bunch of fat, white, middle-aged slobs slogging around on the screen. Everyone felt embarrassed for Mick. Beaneater called them Really Big Audio Dining Out.
I don't usually truck with the idea that dreams symbolise a whole lot, but this dream DEFINITELY symbolises a whole lot. Somehow.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 11:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't usually truck with the idea that dreams symbolise a whole lot, but this dream DEFINITELY symbolises a whole lot. Somehow.
It symbolizes that Doc has way more interesting dreams than I do.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 12:38pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Nah, it just means that I'm better at retaining them. Everybody's generating seriously weird content in their dreams.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Somehow I stay thin, while the other guys got fat.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 10:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha! I wonder if my unconscious was drawing from that!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 11:43am
JennyB wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 10:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha! I wonder if my unconscious was drawing from that!
That's what I was thinking!
Got a Rake? Sure!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Beaneater is far more clever in your dreams than I ever will be in real life.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 1:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Beaneater is far more clever in your dreams than I ever will be in real life.
He's nothing without a scriptwriter. :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 4:00pm
revbob wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 12:38pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Nah, it just means that I'm better at retaining them. Everybody's generating seriously weird content in their dreams.
Most of what I can usually recall isn't that weird, m6 mind must be suppressing the really crazy shit