Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 12:42pm
WestwayKid wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 12:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 11:18am
WestwayKid wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 11:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 8:45am
Now Mark's all "ooh, this is taking so long, I could be doing something else," and Dr. Camel rightfully wants to give him a shiner. Geez Louise, Mark, sorry that finding a mythical beast is taking more than a half hour of your time.
Mark's just trying to do his best to keep it all within budget.
Know your place, Trail. You're not a beancounter, you're a smug Boomer killjoy.
I'm just thinking that Dr. Camel might be a bit too free and easy with the funds and it's been a point of contention with Mark. I feel like this isn't the first time they've had this conversation.
Camel probably blew 75% of the expedition budget cleaning out Kathmandu's avocado toast supplies before setting out.
The remaining 25% went towards organic beard conditioner and matching blue winter gear.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 12:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 12:42pm
WestwayKid wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 12:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 11:18am
WestwayKid wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 11:14am

Mark's just trying to do his best to keep it all within budget.
Know your place, Trail. You're not a beancounter, you're a smug Boomer killjoy.
I'm just thinking that Dr. Camel might be a bit too free and easy with the funds and it's been a point of contention with Mark. I feel like this isn't the first time they've had this conversation.
Camel probably blew 75% of the expedition budget cleaning out Kathmandu's avocado toast supplies before setting out.
The remaining 25% went towards organic beard conditioner and matching blue winter gear.
Goddammit, you stupid Millennials! This is why you'll miss the mighty yeti!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I know it’s because everyone in this strip looks 58, but I think Camel looks more like Kenny Rogers than a millennial.

EDIT: strike that. Dan Haggerty.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 1:39pm
I know it’s because everyone in this strip looks 58, but I think Camel looks more like Kenny Rogers than a millennial.

Ha, Dan Haggerty all coifed up! The Millennial thing is solely based on his social media fixation, with a dash of counter to Mark's Boomer stick-up-the-ass smugness.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 1:50pm
Wolter wrote:

Ha, Dan Haggerty all coifed up! The Millennial thing is solely based on his social media fixation, with a dash of counter to Mark's Boomer stick-up-the-ass smugness.
The weirdest thing is, Mark should probably be Gen X, age-wise. But we are t ready for that few fucks to be given.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 2:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 1:50pm
Wolter wrote:

The weirdest thing is, Mark should probably be Gen X, age-wise. But we are t ready for that few fucks to be given.
I'd like him to be more X-like, but the smug earnestness seems baked into the character.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And the characters flip-flop again, with Dr. Camel now ready to snap.

"Say, Dr. Camel, isn't it strange that no one has ever found a yeti?"
"THIS PRESS CONFERENCE IS OVER!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ah, yes, all the proof we need is in the memories of being ten years old. That's how *I* know that Cylons are real.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 9:02am
Ah, yes, all the proof we need is in the memories of being ten years old. That's how *I* know that Cylons are real.
Mark looks furious.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 9:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mark looks furious.
He's channeling the reader's impatience. And maybe the guilt over snapping Cherry's neck is starting to get to him.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 9:29am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mark looks furious.
He's channeling the reader's impatience. And maybe the guilt over snapping Cherry's neck is starting to get to him.
It's gonna be fight time between Mark and Doc Camel sooner than later. I think one more comment about expenses will set one of them off in a murderous rage. It would be cool to see Mark stick a carving fork into Dr. Camel's eye.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 11:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 9:29am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mark looks furious.
It's gonna be fight time between Mark and Doc Camel sooner than later. I think one more comment about expenses will set one of them off in a murderous rage. It would be cool to see Mark stick a carving fork into Dr. Camel's eye.
A story resolution without Harvey broken—physically, spiritually, and on social media—would be a cheat of epic proportions.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Um, Harvey? That wasn't a yeti. Those were Chinese Communists.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dun-dun-DUUUUUHHHH!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 8:14am
Dun-dun-DUUUUUHHHH!
Ive never heard of yetis killing and maiming people. And what is happening with Mark in that first panel?