New Youtube BAD

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: New Youtube BAD

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 8:24am
laxman wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 8:14am
white man wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 5:13am
laxman wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 3:39am
Isn’t Mick wonderfully polite in and after the interview? Lovely to see.
It was back in the day it was the done thing to be seen to be polite and/or intelligent. These days it's a badge of honour to be seen to be thick.
Agreed, but I think maybe only a few years earlier he had the aloof rock star image/reputation. Watching that made me think you could see how he became the jovial person he is now (or at least appears to be, having never actually spoken to him!)
I've met Mick a few times now and he is anything but aloof. All round decent guy.
Same here.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Heston wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 8:32am
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
white man wrote:
laxman wrote:
It was back in the day it was the done thing to be seen to be polite and/or intelligent. These days it's a badge of honour to be seen to be thick.
Agreed, but I think maybe only a few years earlier he had the aloof rock star image/reputation. Watching that made me think you could see how he became the jovial person he is now (or at least appears to be, having never actually spoken to him!)
I've met Mick a few times now and he is anything but aloof. All round decent guy.
Same here.
So I was correct then! :)

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

laxman wrote:
white man wrote:
laxman wrote:
Maybe the hospitalisation gave him a different perspective

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 9:08am
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
white man wrote:

Same here.
I think that probably comes from "Elizabeth Taylor in a bad mood" comment Joe made about Mick at rehearsals when the band were going through in-house battles. Mick has always been great with people and fans especially.

Of course he doesn't like people who play lacrosse. I mean seriously it just isn't cricket. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 9:35am
laxman wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Same here.
I think that probably comes from "Elizabeth Taylor in a bad mood" comment Joe made about Mick at rehearsals when the band were going through in-house battles. Mick has always been great with people and fans especially.

Of course he doesn't like people who play lacrosse. I mean seriously it just isn't cricket. ;)
That makes him even better in my eyes! Stupid game, who would be daft enough to play it? On a completely separate note, I'm very much looking forward to playing for the England Masters in a tournament in Limerick in July.

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

laxman wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 10:38am
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Same here.

That makes him even better in my eyes! Stupid game, who would be daft enough to play it?
On a completely separate note, I'm very much looking forward to playing for the England Masters in a tournament in Limerick in July.
1. Wrong thread Lax. :naughty:
2. What on earth was Joe talking about then?? Did Mick frequently give Paul & Joe wedgies?? Or was it that his watch was broken??
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Same here.

That makes him even better in my eyes! Stupid game, who would be daft enough to play it? On a completely separate note, I'm very much looking forward to playing for the England Masters in a tournament in Limerick in July.
There once was a man called Lax
Who looked really bad in slacks
He tried to play lacrosse
But he was just a dead loss
So he took up playing the sax

Limerick master don't think so.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 12:18pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Heston wrote:

Same here.

There once was a man called Lax
Who looked really bad in slacks
He tried to play lacrosse
But he was just a dead loss
So he took up playing the sax

Limerick master don't think so.
I was hoping the Limerick reference might provoke a response!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

deny wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 11:56am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Heston wrote:

Same here.

That makes him even better in my eyes! Stupid game, who would be daft enough to play it?
On a completely separate note, I'm very much looking forward to playing for the England Masters in a tournament in Limerick in July.
2. What on earth was Joe talking about then?? Did Mick frequently give Paul & Joe wedgies?? Or was it that his watch was broken??
1. I didn't start it ;)
2. There is that scene of him turning up late for rehearsals in Rude Boy that doesn't really do him any favours.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 12:57pm
deny wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 11:56am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

1. I didn't start it ;)
2. There is that scene of him turning up late for rehearsals in Rude Boy that doesn't really do him any favours.
Mick was always on time. The others just came in too early. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 1:49pm
Heston wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 7:12pm
The Conan performance of Beatbox is up unedited for the first time I know of. It may not last long...

Great stuff.
Love this live version!

rudebhoy
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by rudebhoy »

Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
white man wrote:
laxman wrote:
I spent a good few hours with the band one day back in 78. Joe, Paul and Topper were very friendly but Mick was pretty arrogant and sarcastic. I kept out of his way after a few cutting remarks. The only other time I spoke to him was at a CS gig at The Baltic around 2005, and he couldn't have been nicer. He does seem to have matured into a much more pleasant and content guy than he was way back when.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I wasn't there, but Mick's Keith Richards resemblance around 1978 suggests he may have just cocaine. Rarely a good thing; and, I suspect, the downfall of many a second album.