Stiff Little Fingers

Online music exchange.
laubai
Corner Soul

Re: Stiff Little Fingers

Post by laubai »

shall i mention that the 1979 Aberdeen show is perhaps better than Hanx (and God knows that I love Hanx !)
you can download it with other stuff at my dying blog :
http://geantvener.blogspot.com/search/l ... %20Fingers

enjoy

eastside_jimmy
Corner Soul

Post by eastside_jimmy »

Fifteen and counting .....17 March 2006 Glasgow Barrowland.

ShackleMeNot
Corner Soul

Post by ShackleMeNot »

I have some stuff I filmed for jake in december. He did a benefit show at a local bar where he played with members of some of Chicago's more well known older punk bands. They did some SLF, clash, thin lizzy, the who, black sabbath. Really good show, i have it available on soulseek if anyone uses that.

wmhp2

Post by wmhp2 »

ShackleMeNot wrote:I have some stuff I filmed for jake in december. He did a benefit show at a local bar where he played with members of some of Chicago's more well known older punk bands. They did some SLF, clash, thin lizzy, the who, black sabbath. Really good show, i have it available on soulseek if anyone uses that.
ill have some of that,whats your username?

bmc

Post by bmc »

Heston wrote:Can I just take another opportunity to plug Now Then by SLF, I think it's one of the most underrated albums ever.
If you like melodic punk/pop with intelligent lyrics this is the album for you. It's just unfortunate they released it at a time when the British charts were all about New Romantics and make-up. Right album, wrong time.
Special mention to Dolphin Taylor, he's a drummer I've always loved and his work with Tom Robinson and Spear of Destiny is also top notch.
Sometimes think this is best album ever released. I remember Jake once in an interview saying the band felt they had nowhere to go after the album, deflated by its poor response, it contributed to them calling it a day. Was the Tour called Out of Our Skulls? Saw them at Manchester Apollo on that Tour. Fantastic gig. Would love to know if a bootleg copy exists?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

bmc wrote:
Heston wrote:Can I just take another opportunity to plug Now Then by SLF, I think it's one of the most underrated albums ever.
If you like melodic punk/pop with intelligent lyrics this is the album for you. It's just unfortunate they released it at a time when the British charts were all about New Romantics and make-up. Right album, wrong time.
Special mention to Dolphin Taylor, he's a drummer I've always loved and his work with Tom Robinson and Spear of Destiny is also top notch.
Sometimes think this is best album ever released. I remember Jake once in an interview saying the band felt they had nowhere to go after the album, deflated by its poor response, it contributed to them calling it a day. Was the Tour called Out of Our Skulls? Saw them at Manchester Apollo on that Tour. Fantastic gig. Would love to know if a bootleg copy exists?
Ah, someone out there agrees with me about Now Then, thought I might be going insane.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
bmc wrote:
Ah, someone out there agrees with me about Now Then, thought I might be going insane.
You still can be.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

laubai wrote:shall i mention that the 1979 Aberdeen show is perhaps better than Hanx (and God knows that I love Hanx !)
you can download it with other stuff at my dying blog :
http://geantvener.blogspot.com/search/l ... %20Fingers

enjoy
I went to see Stiff Little Fingers at a farewell gig in Glasgow Barrowlands, which I think was about 1983? That was them giving it up, and I've now seen them a few times since. Bruce Foxton spent a longer period of his life in SLF than The Jam. What's the point in that? Thanks for the 1979 Aberdeen gig, because I remember trying to go to that and a collection of things making it impossible. Everything comes to those who wait.

ShackleMeNot
Corner Soul

Post by ShackleMeNot »

wmhp2 wrote:
ShackleMeNot wrote:I have some stuff I filmed for jake in december. He did a benefit show at a local bar where he played with members of some of Chicago's more well known older punk bands. They did some SLF, clash, thin lizzy, the who, black sabbath. Really good show, i have it available on soulseek if anyone uses that.

username is shacklemenot. i'll be on there in a little while, i have my "movie" drive hooked up at the moment downloading Mystery Train, but its almost done.

send me a message, i'll add you and direct you to it, i've got it listed under a different bands folder because I mainly film for a different local band.

MADPHIL

Post by MADPHIL »

46MVRVS
ShackleMeNot wrote:
wmhp2 wrote:

username is shacklemenot. i'll be on there in a little while, i have my "movie" drive hooked up at the moment downloading Mystery Train, but its almost done.

send me a message, i'll add you and direct you to it, i've got it listed under a different bands folder because I mainly film for a different local band.
Hi I would like that film as well.
Thanx
Phil :?: :!: :?:

ShackleMeNot
Corner Soul

Post by ShackleMeNot »

send me a message on soulseek and I'll get you guys set up when I sign on there. (username shacklemenot)