BitterTom wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 4:14pm
Heston wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 4:06pm
BitterTom wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 3:47pm
Silent Majority wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 12:44pm
I get extremely cheap hotel stays with work and the transport to Newcastle might not be too pricy if we book in advance. A UK IMCT Meet Up, maybe?
Damn good idea.
If anyone does decide to come we will have tickets at a cheaper price than the box office. I can deliver them personally on the night. ;)
Boom, sorted. Let us know when dates are confirmed mate.
It has been confirmed, Fri, 27th March.
Stuck a pin in it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Question for Heston

Post by JennyB »

Great job, Heston! As far as the setlist - we need to remember that Heston's band plays great music - he just has terrible taste!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Just been added to the bill for this one, Big Country also playing. I know Weller isn't there but I saw them 18 months back and they were tremendous. I was gonna buy a ticket anyway so I've saved a few bob as well...
fox.jpg
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:06pm
Just been added to the bill for this one, Big Country also playing. I know Weller isn't there but I saw them 18 months back and they were tremendous. I was gonna buy a ticket anyway so I've saved a few bob as well...

fox.jpg
Wow nice work mate. I bet you could only dream about sharing a bill with Bruce Foxton and Bruce Watson. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:08pm
Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Wow nice work mate. I bet you could only dream about sharing a bill with Bruce Foxton and Bruce Watson. :approve:
Yeah, two of my musical inspirations growing up. The Jam were always my second favourite band and that Big Country debut is in my top 20 albums ever. I basically learnt to play guitar along to The Crossing. So yeah, quite pleased!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Wow great work mate have a blast!!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:38pm
Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Cheers mate.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:48pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Cheers mate.
Nice one pal! Great news!

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:52pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Cheers mate.
Cheers Tom. We're working up a ska version of "Heat of the Moment. ;)

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:54pm
BitterTom wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:52pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Cheers mate.
Cheers Tom. We're working up a ska version of "Heat of the Moment. ;)
There is nothing I'd rather hear!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Yeah, two of my musical inspirations growing up. The Jam were always my second favourite band and that Big Country debut is in my top 20 albums ever. I basically learnt to play guitar along to The Crossing. So yeah, quite pleased!
Wembley December 1982 The Jam supported by Big Country. It's feels like a lifetime ago. I'm dead chuffed for you mate have a great night.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 5:10pm
Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

fox.jpg
Wembley December 1982 The Jam supported by Big Country. It's feels like a lifetime ago. I'm dead chuffed for you mate have a great night.
Right on, Marky. It's gotta be a big deal for our man Hes. I'm sure Panic Report will shine and lend their brilliance to the great tradition of uniquely British Rock n' Roll, which is, ya know, pretty bloody formidable (eternal thanks to all you marvelous limeys). ;) :approve: :kiss:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Heston wrote:
I was gonna buy a ticket anyway so I've saved a few bob as well...
You're sure you're not really a Yorkshireman!?
There might even be a few beers going spare backstage too!
Well done on landing this gig, it should be a brilliant day for you.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Congrats, man! The profile keeps improving.

(I had no idea Big Country were still at it despite whatsizface's death all those years ago.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Stellar line up for sure. Saw Big Country once, supporting U2 in 1983 with Simple Minds & Eurythmics also on bill. They were fantastic, my stand out from the day.