B.A.D. Observations Thread

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by oliver »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 1:39pm
River wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 1:24pm
Found a couple samples today, from the film Pixote. Mentioned on Esmark's site for the Sambadrome samples that some are from the film and I went through it and found em. First one happens at around 17:20, then the second one is at around 39:45.

Good work river. :approve:
yeah - those are great spots.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

It would be great to have a compilation of these once we have them all (or mostly) tracked down.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 3:43pm
It would be great to have a compilation of these once we have them all (or mostly) tracked down.
Really we should start a new thread with every BAD song printed in a chronological list. People can edit the post and add more samples for each song as they are found. There are plenty of obvious ones but more detective work could be done.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

A couple here.

This is the Universe. Big, isn’t it? (At 3:30.)

Tea break, here we get it at 5. (At 46:50.)

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wasn't this just great? The peak of the reunion tour. I remember watching it on a live stream and it was a hot August night. I had the patio doors open and the wine and stuff was flowing. Watching again totally took me back to that night. Yes, I'm drinking in isolation and getting nostalgic for something that was only 9 years ago...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

I really can’t think of any bands that went over 20 years without playing together & sounded as good as they did on that tour.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

The only band I can think of offhand that sounded as great as B.A.D. in their many, many years later reunion is the James Williamson version of the Stooges, though they were missing the bass player. Roxy Music was pretty great too.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

sonnyburnit wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 9:03pm
I really can’t think of any bands that went over 20 years without playing together & sounded as good as they did on that tour.
I think I have got to stop you there ! a great reunion with out a doubt and that video is fantastic but …… to say "as good as they were in there day" ? As much as the reunion was great I cant buy into this as good as they were in their day and I have heard comments that some say they were better. As an avid fan of seeing the band live on every tour multiple times from the very start up to kool aid/the globe album I have to argue this point.
Its so easy to forget so many years later just how brilliant they were
I will however agree we all have better recording devices all these years later and maybe they can deliver cleaner sounds with modern technology and sound systems but this band in there day were second to none including and even the reunion line up

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Not sure I ever remember seeing Mick in blue jeans before.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

oliver wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 8:46am
Levis, presumably.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 8:48am
oliver wrote:
Levis, presumably.
Yeah the same ones Mick wore when he walked into the launderette and then took them off and sat and waited for the washer/dryer to finish. I'm almost sure this is a true story but then again I only heard it through the grapevine. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 9:31am
laxman wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 8:48am
oliver wrote:
Levis, presumably.
Yeah the same ones Mick wore when he walked into the launderette and then took them off and sat and waited for the washer/dryer to finish. I'm almost sure this is a true story but then again I only heard it through the grapevine. ;)
;)

Heston

Post by Heston »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 7:51am
sonnyburnit wrote:
I think I have got to stop you there ! a great reunion with out a doubt and that video is fantastic but …… to say "as good as they were in there day" ? As much as the reunion was great I cant buy into this as good as they were in their day and I have heard comments that some say they were better. As an avid fan of seeing the band live on every tour multiple times from the very start up to kool aid/the globe album I have to argue this point.
I will however agree we all have better recording devices all these years later and maybe they can deliver cleaner sounds with modern technology and sound systems but this band in there day were second to none including and even the reunion line up
I saw them many times from the beginning and I know what you're saying, they were amazing live. The reunion was great but never truly hit the heights of the early days apart from a couple of instances. One of them is Sightsee MC I just posted, and the other is E=mc2 from the same show. Not sure I've ever heard better versions.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I saw 'em back in the day and on the reunion tour. I have to say when you consider it's 20 years later they were bloody awesome.

Some band's just click and they still had that great camaraderie on stage. I was loving the banter. I remember Mick saying here's a song from BAD II and Don coming back with "too bad".

I was so hoping we would've got another album from them.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 7:51am
sonnyburnit wrote:
I didn’t write that they sounded as good in 2011 as they did back in the 80’s. What I wrote was how many other bands sounded as good as they did after a 20 year absence. Get it right...