Shamerd my assgerfed

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Shamerd my assgerfed

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 10:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 8:46pm
Um, the former? The latter? Liquor tends to produce a more energetic mood—chattier, more weird thoughts that I want to act on. Beer is somewhat neutral in effect. But wine creates a kind of peace. Everything is just fine when I'm drinking wine.
If you ever come here Im breaking out the good stuff.
The good stuff is always wasted on me. Both for moral reasons and I can rarely tell enough of a difference,
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ouzo is, indeed, good. Plus its got enough snarl that it encourages me to casually sip than go glug-glug.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 6:08pm
Ouzo is, indeed, good. Plus its got enough snarl that it encourages me to casually sip than go glug-glug.
Up there with gin as the 2 drinks I never touch because I once got arseholed on them and the hangover was a killer.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 6:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Up there with gin as the 2 drinks I never touch because I once got arseholed on them and the hangover was a killer.
Yep, I've been cursed by both Ouzo and gin. They're the two drinks I will avoid unless I'm utterly desperate.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Speaking as a hangover baby, I get that. I stopped drinking entirely in my early 30s because I was incapable of drinking without getting pissed even tho hangovers were guaranteed and debilitating. When I started up again, I told myself I wouldn't let myself get drunk again. I've slipped a couple times, but generally I've kept to just a couple drinks in the evening, enough to get loose but not fucked up.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 6:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Speaking as a hangover baby, I get that. I stopped drinking entirely in my early 30s because I was incapable of drinking without getting pissed even tho hangovers were guaranteed and debilitating. When I started up again, I told myself I wouldn't let myself get drunk again. I've slipped a couple times, but generally I've kept to just a couple drinks in the evening, enough to get loose but not fucked up.
Yeah I like to do that, couple of beers, couple of glasses of wine perfect. Problem is my friends, we intend to be good but when you start at 5pm and have no end point it doesn’t matter how slow you drink the odds are against you.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 7:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah I like to do that, couple of beers, couple of glasses of wine perfect. Problem is my friends, we intend to be good but when you start at 5pm and have no end point it doesn’t matter how slow you drink the odds are against you.
Sounds like my kind of party. I'm a "blow out on a Saturday, take it easy through the week" type of drinker. I live in an alleged seaside party town so it's hard to stay in sometimes. If I lived in a one pub village I think I would drink less.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Heston wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 7:58pm
I'm a "blow out on a Saturday, take it easy through the week" type of drinker.
me too
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't really have any hard drinkin' friends anymore. Hell, I drink more than them because I have a couple glasses every night.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 8:31pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't really have any hard drinkin' friends anymore. Hell, I drink more than them because I have a couple glasses every night.
My number one rule is to never drink on an empty stomach. I have hit an age where the hour including drinks two and three are the best. By drink four I am just tired.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ive started drinking whiskey a bit more as of late. I find even small amounts dont seem to agree with me the next day. Not talking hangovers because I don't have enough to get really drunk just a little buzz but 4 whiskeys doesnt equal 4 beers in terms of how I feel the next day.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 12:28pm
Ive started drinking whiskey a bit more as of late. I find even small amounts dont seem to agree with me the next day. Not talking hangovers because I don't have enough to get really drunk just a little buzz but 4 whiskeys doesnt equal 4 beers in terms of how I feel the next day.
Same here. The heartburn keeps me of the whiskey. Even if I don't have heartburn it leave me with a bit of a sour stomach.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 2:29pm
revbob wrote:
Same here. The heartburn keeps me of the whiskey. Even if I don't have heartburn it leave me with a bit of a sour stomach.
Strange that given I have such a nervous stomach when it comes to too much booze, but I can still drink several good glasses of liquor without any problems like heartburn. Maybe it's because I mostly stick to beer and wine, but my body tolerates booze much better now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 2:29pm
revbob wrote:
For me it's mostly feeling off the next day. Even just a couple of whiskies is noticeable the next day.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Thurssayy off day, been shit In work and the world recently. Hope you're all doing ok, I spend a lot of time of here and consider you all mates so stay safe.