Joe's Trash City Sticker

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Joe's Trash City Sticker

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 12:54pm
LeFin wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 2:09am
Hi, its from Toronto Warehouse 20 Nov 1999
Shit! Looks like you are correct mate. I just watched some footage from that gig. You can see it for sure. Good spot.

So Joe must've kept a few of those Trash City stickers then replaced it again later. Unless he used two Telecasters. I wonder if he used one of those copies when his was in for repair. Interesting.
Surely those replica Strummercasters weren’t around then. Joe had other guitars but each was uniquely finished and decorated.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a roll of those Trash City stickers in his collection. They must have printed thousands cos they were used on the cover of the Trash City 12” single - at least on mine anyway.
It seems odd though that he would choose to put one back on his guitar after - it looks like- peeling one off to replace it with the eyeball sticker.
(What a riveting topic this is!)
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
LeFin wrote:
Shit! Looks like you are correct mate. I just watched some footage from that gig. You can see it for sure. Good spot.

So Joe must've kept a few of those Trash City stickers then replaced it again later. Unless he used two Telecasters. I wonder if he used one of those copies when his was in for repair. Interesting.
Surely those replica Strummercasters weren’t around then. Joe had other guitars but each was uniquely finished and decorated.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a roll of those Trash City stickers in his collection. They must have printed thousands cos they were used on the cover of the Trash City 12” single - at least on mine anyway.
It seems odd though that he would choose to put one back on his guitar after - it looks like- peeling one off to replace it with the eyeball sticker.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 2:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
LeFin wrote:

Yeah just odd. Maybe he missed the Trash City sticker. But it definitely back at later gigs than the one stated further up in the thread.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

southsideryan
Corner Soul

Post by southsideryan »

Slightly off topic but was anybody able to see Joe's guitar at the Punk and Politics exhibit?

LeFin
Corner Soul

Post by LeFin »

Roseland Ballroom too, after Toronto show.

LeFin
Corner Soul

Post by LeFin »

I've been building Joe Telecaster replica and came across this article. So I'd assume "flying eyeball" sticker has been covered with "Trash City" sticker and is probably still there....

http://www.strummerguitar.com/evolutionofalegend.html