The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
11 May 2020, 9:29am
101Walterton wrote:
11 May 2020, 12:46am
Woohoo pub’s open on Thursday 🍺🍺😊
Cheers, mate!
Yes please be our canary.

But seriously 101, will everyone at the pubs be wearing masks and staying 6ft away from each other? Are they limiting the number of patrons? Or will it be pre-pandemic rules?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

southsideryan wrote:
10 May 2020, 8:40pm
Hate gloating and stuff like that but passed the EMT National and am now certified as an EMT. Listening to The Clash and Joe's solo stuff got me through some stressful days
Congratulations!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
11 May 2020, 9:46am
Olaf wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Cheers, mate!

But seriously 101, will everyone at the pubs be wearing masks and staying 6ft away from each other? Are they limiting the number of patrons? Or will it be pre-pandemic rules?
We don't get pubs open until phase 2. Phase 1 will be starting on 5/27...which means restaurants and most retail open up. We then have to have a 14 day cycle of declining numbers across several variables to get to phase 2. People are definitely chomping at the bit to get back out there. I'm hoping it doesn't lead to a spike in cases down the road, but I think this is the new normal. Virus is going to be around and we need to figure out how to get on with life as safely as possible.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 May 2020, 10:42am
southsideryan wrote:
Hate gloating and stuff like that but passed the EMT National and am now certified as an EMT. Listening to The Clash and Joe's solo stuff got me through some stressful days
Congratulations!!
Yes, congratulations.

I'll lift a pint in your honour.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

revbob wrote:
07 May 2020, 7:16pm
Im hoping it is just a bad cold or something else. Her employer has also graciously extended the $3/hr hazard pay for the rest of the month.
I had all the symptoms of a bad cold when I returned home from France in mid-March.

So, maybe I caught coronavirus then, and I am somewhat immune now? I don't really know, but it's a possibility.

I'm behaving as if I don't have any antibodies, just in case.

And that includes keeping my distance (one Joey Ramone unit) away from our daughter when she visits today to help celebrate the birthday of the long-suffering Mrs. Spiff.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

My partner and I visited with my mom and dad on Mother's Day and it almost felt normal. We went inside of their house without masks and spent a couple of hours sitting around the dining room table. It didn't feel reckless. We're all doing the important things to stay safe and we felt comfortable being around one another. They're older (my dad is 70 and my mom is 66).

It was a small step, but it felt so great.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
11 May 2020, 9:46am
Olaf wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Cheers, mate!

Yep table service only and tables set 2m apart. One waitress per You are allowed groups of up to 10. Only one waitress per table (same waitress must serve you).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 May 2020, 2:37pm
My partner and I visited with my mom and dad on Mother's Day and it almost felt normal. We went inside of their house without masks and spent a couple of hours sitting around the dining room table. It didn't feel reckless. We're all doing the important things to stay safe and we felt comfortable being around one another. They're older (my dad is 70 and my mom is 66).

A friend came by two weeks ago. The plan was for outside social distance drinking. Well the temp dropped, winds picked up and it started spitting out so we took it inside and had dinner too. It felt awkward at times as we gave each other space but overall a good thing for sure.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I wish there was a pub called the WooHoo Pub.

I won't be visiting any pubs for a while.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 May 2020, 7:25pm
I wish there was a pub called the WooHoo Pub.
When I did a Zoom with my siblings, The Boss, who didn't sit in but could overhear, said that one of my sisters was still a woohoo girl. Sadly, it's true. At heart, she's still the person who dropped out of university after her first year of majoring as a party girl.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

southsideryan wrote:
That is a fantastic achievement congratulations.

What is EMT :shifty:

southsideryan
Corner Soul

Post by southsideryan »

101Walterton wrote:
11 May 2020, 8:05pm
southsideryan wrote:

Thanks! It's an Emergency Medical Technician. It's required for me to become a Fireman.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

southsideryan wrote:
11 May 2020, 8:17pm
101Walterton wrote:
11 May 2020, 8:05pm
southsideryan wrote:

Thanks! It's an Emergency Medical Technician. It's required for me to become a Fireman.
Brilliant ,are you planning on a career in the Fire Service.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
11 May 2020, 5:50pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 May 2020, 2:37pm

A friend came by two weeks ago. The plan was for outside social distance drinking. Well the temp dropped, winds picked up and it started spitting out so we took it inside and had dinner too. It felt awkward at times as we gave each other space but overall a good thing for sure.
I also walked over by one of our neighbors on Saturday. Our daughters are best friends. We had a few beers out on the patio, social distanced, but it felt great.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss is showing cracks of our being shut-ins: After years of hating Match Game re-runs, she's starting to play along and otherwise get into it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft