EET WEEK motion

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
09 May 2020, 10:41am
Question - if you were to describe EET week to the non-observant (i.e. people who are normal, unlike us), how would you describe it using two or three sentences?
A bunch of people on the internet celebrate a terrible album with bizarrely sincere irony to exorcise their collective experience of being traumatized by the first needle drop?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
09 May 2020, 10:48am
JennyB wrote:
Question - if you were to describe EET week to the non-observant (i.e. people who are normal, unlike us), how would you describe it using two or three sentences?
A bunch of people on the internet celebrate a terrible album with bizarrely sincere irony to exorcise their collective experience of being traumatized by the first needle drop?
Throw in something about encouraging community and creativity, too.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2020, 10:52am
Wolter wrote:
09 May 2020, 10:48am
JennyB wrote:
Throw in something about encouraging community and creativity, too.
If you must.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
Stay at home.
Don't go out.
Keep clear of EET WEEK AND STAY SAFE!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 May 2020, 12:18pm
JennyB wrote:
Stay at home.
Don't go out.
Don't forget to blow on the pie. Safer communities together, you know.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Stay at home.
Don't go out.
:lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2020, 1:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Stay at home.
Don't go out.
Don't forget to blow on the pie. Safer communities together, you know.
Piranha pie?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

matedog wrote:
08 May 2020, 6:36pm
Heston wrote:
08 May 2020, 6:17pm
If we live-listen an 82 show can it be Troy Fieldhouse? The best Stay Free ever and a generally excellent show.
Yes and let's start next week. I think we were supposed to start this week but I've been completely swamped with work and 2 year old.
Ugh, left the video to upload last night and it failed. I have to redo it and try again. My video editing software is on my failing old ass computer with no internet so I have to keep switching files back and forth between the computers so it's not as easy as it could be. Latest I should have it up tonight.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
11 May 2020, 9:39am
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
If we live-listen an 82 show can it be Troy Fieldhouse? The best Stay Free ever and a generally excellent show.
Yes and let's start next week. I think we were supposed to start this week but I've been completely swamped with work and 2 year old.
Ugh, left the video to upload last night and it failed. I have to redo it and try again. My video editing software is on my failing old ass computer with no internet so I have to keep switching files back and forth between the computers so it's not as easy as it could be. Latest I should have it up tonight.
Video?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
11 May 2020, 10:10am
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
Video?
Sorry, just a Marky remix posted to youtube.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
11 May 2020, 10:36am
Heston wrote:
11 May 2020, 10:10am
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:
Video?
Sorry, just a Marky remix posted to youtube.
"Just" :naughty:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I recently inherited a vinyl copy of CtC...so I am red..y! I've only ever had it on CD prior to this...so I'm hoping it sounds better with the warm analog sound only vinyl can provide... ;)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 May 2020, 3:19pm
I recently inherited a vinyl copy of CtC...so I am red..y! I've only ever had it on CD prior to this...so I'm hoping it sounds better with the warm analog sound only vinyl can provide... ;)
Oh, you sweet summer child.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
It doesn't.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2020, 3:49pm
WestwayKid wrote:
It doesn't.
:mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board