Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
06 May 2020, 1:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2020, 12:48pm
Kory wrote:
06 May 2020, 12:40pm
Wolter wrote:
05 May 2020, 11:41pm
For the record, Four Freedoms comes from an FDR speech. They are:

Freedom of speech
Freedom of worship
Freedom from want
Freedom from fear
Tell me that THE ACCURSED Richards' ego isn't as massive as Doom's.
Latverian’d
I believe that from Kory to me to you, this has been one-up-nerdship on display.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2020, 1:25pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
05 May 2020, 11:41pm
For the record, Four Freedoms comes from an FDR speech. They are:

Freedom of speech
Freedom of worship
Freedom from want
Freedom from fear
Latverian’d
I believe that from Kory to me to you, this has been one-up-nerdship on display.
I think that if their egos weren't matched, they wouldn't be such fine nemeses. I wouldn't try to assert my dominance with something as unassuming as the Baxter Building.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 May 2020, 2:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Latverian’d
I think that if their egos weren't matched, they wouldn't be such fine nemeses. I wouldn't try to assert my dominance with something as unassuming as the Baxter Building.
It makes perfect sense, tho not how Stan and Jack established it. Reed was more of modest super-genius who was called upon to save the world from [fill in the blank]. But Reed as raging ego works better in that nemesis set-up.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2020, 3:36pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Latverian’d
It makes perfect sense, tho not how Stan and Jack established it. Reed was more of modest super-genius who was called upon to save the world from [fill in the blank]. But Reed as raging ego works better in that nemesis set-up.
Did you read the most recent Secret Wars (don't worry about all the tie-ins, the flagship book is enough)?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 May 2020, 4:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Latverian’d
Did you read the most recent Secret Wars (don't worry about all the tie-ins, the flagship book is enough)?
The only one I've ever read is the one from the 80s. What a bloated hunk of nonsense that was.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2020, 4:48pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The only one I've ever read is the one from the 80s. What a bloated hunk of nonsense that was.
They did 2 in the 80s! This new one was fairly decent, it involved 616 colliding with and ending the Ultimate universe.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 May 2020, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

They did 2 in the 80s! This new one was fairly decent, it involved 616 colliding with and ending the Ultimate universe.
I'm vaguely aware of Secret Wars II. I think I just stopped reading comics when it came out.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2020, 7:44pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm vaguely aware of the Secret Wars II. I think I just stopped reading comics when it came out.
Kory : Clone Saga :: Doc : Secret Wars

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 May 2020, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2020, 7:44pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I'm vaguely aware of the Secret Wars II. I think I just stopped reading comics when it came out.
Kory : Clone Saga :: Doc : Secret Wars
:ugeek:

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Stressful week, day off thankfully tomorrow. I deserve a few of these. Gonna put the headphones on max power and fucking unwind.

That's the end of that chapter.
Attachments
20200516_223726.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
16 May 2020, 5:39pm
Stressful week, day off thankfully tomorrow. I deserve a few of these. Gonna put the headphones on max power and fucking unwind.

That's the end of that chapter.
Again...love that color.

Here's a pic of what I'm drinking. Switchback Ale. One of my regular beers.
20200516_191851.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Is one bottle of whiskey in a week too much?

I did the math and Ive decided yes.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
16 May 2020, 9:16pm
Is one bottle of whiskey in a week too much?

I did the math and Ive decided yes.
Depends how big the bottle is and if you're drinking more besides. Having said that, I often like to take the 'fuck it' approach.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

We’ve cut back to drinking 4 nights a week from 7.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
17 May 2020, 4:35pm
We’ve cut back to drinking 4 nights a week from 7.
What about afternoons?

The whiskey was either 750ml or 1l, and supplemented by 1 to x beers as x approaches infinity.