The KISS thread

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2020, 8:53pm
Before the song starts you will hear me laughing at Wolter, then the sound of me playing Doc like a fiddle. Then this awesome rock song kicks in...

You’re on the edge of a knife’s blade. You know this will end badly soon.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Who can remember when Marvel comics did a Replacements special? Oh, that'll be no one.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2020, 9:26pm
Who can remember when Marvel comics did a Replacements special? Oh, that'll be no one.
Heston, I hate to break it to you, but Marvel comics were mostly written and drawn by middle aged squares and hippie burnouts in that era...like, literally some of the least cool people on earth. You can have that brag.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
24 May 2020, 9:29pm
Heston wrote:
Heston, I hate to break it to you, but Marvel comics were mostly written and drawn by middle aged squares and hippie burnouts in that era...like, literally some of the least cool people on earth. You can have that brag.
Who drew the Replacements? No one. Maybe their kids.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
No made for TV movie either nor a Halloween special with Paul Lynde.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
24 May 2020, 9:36pm
Heston wrote:
No made for TV movie either nor a Halloween special with Paul Lynde.

The fabric of a nation yet cruelly written off by their own people.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2020, 9:34pm
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
I mean, probably Dan Clowes or Peter Bagge at some point. But fair point. They didn't tend to dress like a children's cartoon.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
24 May 2020, 9:39pm
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
I mean, probably Dan Clowes or Peter Bagge at some point. But fair point. They didn't tend to dress like a children's cartoon.
Right, I've gone to bed.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2020, 9:41pm
Wolter wrote:
24 May 2020, 9:39pm
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Right, I've gone to bed.
Look, I promise the Dan Clowes/Peter Bagge joke was VERY FUNNY to people of a certain age who read black and white comics of a certain variety.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Hello?
Hello?
What is this strange room I’ve never been in here before
Who are these scarey clowns
Hello?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Before the song starts you will hear me laughing at Wolter, then the sound of me playing Doc like a fiddle. Then this awesome rock song kicks in...

I think you fucked up with your YouTube link. Instead of an "awesome rock song," you posted some slick, moldy asscheese that couldn't humiliate anyone but its advocates.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 6:33am
Heston wrote:

I think you fucked up with your YouTube link. Instead of an "awesome rock song," you posted some slick, moldy asscheese that couldn't humiliate anyone but its advocates.
Wolter goaded me into this. I've sobered up now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 May 2020, 6:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

You need a captcha for this thread that asks whether you're drunk.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 6:43am
Heston wrote:
25 May 2020, 6:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

You need a captcha for this thread that asks whether you're drunk.
My posting's improved tenfold since I fit the breathalyser to my modem.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

This thread would be about two pages long if I only entered it sober.