movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: movies

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:26pm
revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:00pm
Are we talking Newhart or the Bob Newhart Show?
Newhart. I assume all your neighbours are like what Dick had to endure.
Yeah my neighbors Daryl, Daryl and Daryl.
Larry, Daryl, and Daryl. Don't you even know your neighbours?
It's only funny the 200th time :rolleyes: ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:28pm
Low Down Low wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Actually I'm not sure which i was referring to, forgot there were 2 Newharts right? The one i watched years back was set in an old lodge in the mountains somewhere, something like that anyway. I recall it being rather safe and harmless so maybe wasnt the best one.
Yeah, that's Newhart, set in Vermont. His first sitcom, in the 70s, was The Bob Newhart Show, set in Chicago where he played a psychiatrist. Of the two, that's the better one, imo. He also made another sitcom in the 90s that didn't last long, playing a cartoonist, I think.
The first one had Roger Healey in it. Which reminds me that as a young teen I wanted to bang Mrs Bellows. How did she wind up with such a square.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:26pm
revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah my neighbors Daryl, Daryl and Daryl.
Larry, Daryl, and Daryl. Don't you even know your neighbours?
It's only funny the 200th time :rolleyes: ;)
The studio audience thought it was hilarious. But, yeah, catchphrase comedy is always something to sell high and soon.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 6:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Actually I'm not sure which i was referring to, forgot there were 2 Newharts right? The one i watched years back was set in an old lodge in the mountains somewhere, something like that anyway. I recall it being rather safe and harmless so maybe wasnt the best one.
Yeah, that's Newhart, set in Vermont. His first sitcom, in the 70s, was The Bob Newhart Show, set in Chicago where he played a psychiatrist. Of the two, that's the better one, imo. He also made another sitcom in the 90s that didn't last long, playing a cartoonist, I think.
The first one had Roger Healey in it. Which reminds me that as a young teen I wanted to bang Mrs Bellows. How did she wind up with such a square.
I don't even remember her. I watched I Dream of Jeannie for awhile as a kid when a local station reran it, but don't recall much of it. Bewitched was better because Elizabeth Montgomery was drop-dead gorgeous.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 7:01pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I don't even remember her. I watched I Dream of Jeannie for awhile as a kid when a local station reran it, but don't recall much of it. Bewitched was better because Elizabeth Montgomery was drop-dead gorgeous.
Mrs Bellows had really nice titties. Barbara Eden was the obvious hottie but Amanda Bellows was the thinking teen's masturbatory fantasy.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 1:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 1:32pm
Kory wrote:
26 May 2020, 1:19pm
Low Down Low wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:50pm
Been doing a bit of retro stuff lately and just finished S1 of Taxi. Utterly brilliant. Jim's only made one appearance so far, for Latkas fake wedding and it's the best episode. Just so much great humour and characters in the show, forgot how much i liked Alex and the quiet way he pulls it all together. Also watched about 10 early episodes of cheers and no question for me, Taxi beats it out of the park.
To be fair, Cheers gets way better later on.
Cheers goes into decline after Coach dies, then really into decline after Diane leaves. Nothing against Woody Harrelson, but Kirstie Alley brought little to the show.
Yeah, this was a show that went on for far too long. Weren't the last few seasons just setting up for the Fraiser spin off? Maybe I don't remember it right though.
As Doc said, basically up until Coach died. The first season is a bit of a slog, but it's better after that. However, as maligned as Woody and Rebecca years are, the increased focus on Frasier and Lilith is welcome because aside from Sam and maybe Carla, everyone else on the show is just a caricature. The last few seasons weren't a explicit setup for the spinoff (note that he mentions that his dad is dead and other inaccuracies), but it's clear that he was the only one you could really do one for. Could you imagine a Norm spinoff?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 7:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Mrs Bellows had really nice titties. Barbara Eden was the obvious hottie but Amanda Bellows was the thinking teen's masturbatory fantasy.
I saw the show when I was too young. :sad:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 May 2020, 7:15pm
Could you imagine a Norm spinoff?
Norm moves to Denver and starts work as a phys ed teacher. A young Chris Rock played the star athlete whom Norm takes under his wing. Vera was played by, I dunno, Traci Lords?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 7:22pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You're never too old to masturbate to Amanda Bellows. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 7:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Well, I'll keep that in mind if the series ever gets re-run on a retro channel up here. :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 7:59pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well, I'll keep that in mind if the series ever gets re-run on a retro channel up here. :shifty:
There was a point where I was watching it as a kid and had that revalation that wow she's hot and married to that doddering fool.

Tep, Beaner?" Give me some backup

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 8:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

There was a point where I was watching it as a kid and had that revalation that wow she's hot and married to that doddering fool.

Tep was likely obsessed with the gals on Petticoat Junction.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 8:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I watch it every week. ME TV shows 2 eps at 5am on Saturday and I record them. The second Bobbie Joe and the first Billie Joe are my favorites

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
26 May 2020, 8:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 8:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I watch it every week. ME TV shows 2 eps at 5am on Saturday and I record them. The second Bobbie Joe and the first Billie Joe are my favorites

Do I know you or what?