Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
02 May 2020, 3:13pm
Some people don't read the Simpsons thread!
🙋‍♂️

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Starting Hustle again for probably the 5th time, underrated series and though I know how the episodes play out now, it's nice to see how the story all falls together. Plus Robert Vaughn stars which is always a plus.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
10 May 2020, 4:47pm
Starting Hustle again for probably the 5th time, underrated series and though I know how the episodes play out now, it's nice to see how the story all falls together. Plus Robert Vaughn stars which is always a plus.
I remember that that was the con artists it was fun.
Whatever happened to the black guy who was the leader I can’t remember seeing him in anything since?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
10 May 2020, 5:00pm
BitterTom wrote:
Whatever happened to the black guy who was the leader I can’t remember seeing him in anything since?
Think he did a series after Hustle but it didn't really go anywhere but to my knowledge went back to theatre acting. Great actor Adrian Lester, cool as fuck in Hustle.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
10 May 2020, 5:04pm
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Think he did a series after Hustle but it didn't really go anywhere but to my knowledge went back to theatre acting. Great actor Adrian Lester, cool as fuck in Hustle.
And that barman he’s in everything.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
10 May 2020, 5:05pm
BitterTom wrote:
10 May 2020, 5:04pm
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
And that barman he’s in everything.
Yes! I've always said that! That Scouse accent sticks out a mile and he usually pops up in some random series!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Finally got round to starting Narcos after it was recommended by everyone!!!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
15 May 2020, 4:48am
Ive yet to watch it.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
15 May 2020, 8:18am
101Walterton wrote:
15 May 2020, 4:48am
Ive yet to watch it.
Can see why people love it, easy to watch.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We just finished watching The Plot Against America. Christ but it is harrowing. The sense of the walls closing in is steady and despairing. I haven't read Roth's novel, so I can't say how it compares, but this is a devastating commentary about America over the past several years.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2020, 8:36pm
We just finished watching The Plot Against America. Christ but it is harrowing. The sense of the walls closing in is steady and despairing. I haven't read Roth's novel, so I can't say how it compares, but this is a devastating commentary about America over the past several years.
I'm going to read that book after I finish Patrimony.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Just about done binging Narcos and looking for any new recommendations??

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
29 May 2020, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've had the audiobook for years but bumped it up the queue (it might be next up; that or next after the next). I've only read Roth's American Pastoral, which was captivating as hell.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2020, 5:35pm
Kory wrote:
29 May 2020, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've had the audiobook for years but bumped it up the queue (it might be next up; that or next after the next). I've only read Roth's American Pastoral, which was captivating as hell.
Yeah that's a great book. I'd also recommend the following one, I Married a Communist. Really there's only a couple of his that are a bit snoozy, I think he may be my favorite novelist. Top three, certainly.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc