IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 7:44pm
101Walterton wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 4:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 2:18pm
Heston wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 2:17pm
matedog wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 6:05pm

revbob is tall too? I think me, Wolter, tep, BBE, and Heston are all around 6' 3".
I think Marky is about 6' 5"
Good lord, this is a board of Frankensteins. Why aren't we bullying other boards?
I’m putting together a social bball team if anyone interested?
I am awful. Pretty good shooter and defender but cant dribble for shit. Nor can I do a proper layup.
I can’t dribble for shit but i have a good outside shot. Fortunately with the collective height of this board, I am finally not relegated to center or forward and can fit my right position of shooting guard.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 8:12pm
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 2:17pm

I think Marky is about 6' 5"
Good lord, this is a board of Frankensteins. Why aren't we bullying other boards?
I am awful. Pretty good shooter and defender but cant dribble for shit. Nor can I do a proper layup.
I can’t dribble for shit but i have a good outside shot. Fortunately with the collective height of this board, I am finally not relegated to center or forward and can fit my right position of shooting guard.
Id probably foul out in the first half, or quarter.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 8:32pm
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

101W throws his drink bottle down in anger as Revbob walks back to the bench.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 9:19pm
revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 8:32pm
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

101W throws his drink bottle down in anger as Revbob walks back to the bench.
Ok but the other team's top scorer is getting x-rays on his knee... so you're welcome.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Pleased with a PB today on length and average speed of a run. 16.65 miles total at an average pace of 9:12/mile.

Tho I did it by cheating and getting dropped off at the top of a mountain pass and just running home, lol.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 8:43pm
Pleased with a PB today on length and average speed of a run. 16.65 miles total at an average pace of 9:12/mile.

Tho I did it by cheating and getting dropped off at the top of a mountain pass and just running home, lol.
Destination running is the best way to go 👍
Beats running round in circles.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Jesus fucking Christ, I've had this rower for two months (plus a day) and it broke on me this morning. Rowing along, and a big snap sound came from within and all the tension went away. 830 total kms put on it. Emailed the company about repair or replacement, but now I'm wary that all these goddamned things are going to bust right away. Guess I have to set up my goddamned bike again.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 11:12am
Jesus fucking Christ, I've had this rower for two months (plus a day) and it broke on me this morning. Rowing along, and a big snap sound came from within and all the tension went away. 830 total kms put on it. Emailed the company about repair or replacement, but now I'm wary that all these goddamned things are going to bust right away. Guess I have to set up my goddamned bike again.
You are the machine

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 4:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You are the machine
A machine of rage, maybe. The magnetic part that provides the resistance still seems to work—I can hear it move in and out of place—so it's presumably just a cable of some sort. I thought it was an actual chain inside there, but now I'm not sure. Still, two months of use before breaking is damned shitty manufacture. If that's common, I guess I better know how to (a) get replacements and (b) how to install them myself.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 4:16pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You are the machine
A machine of rage, maybe. The magnetic part that provides the resistance still seems to work—I can hear it move in and out of place—so it's presumably just a cable of some sort. I thought it was an actual chain inside there, but now I'm not sure. Still, two months of use before breaking is damned shitty manufacture. If that's common, I guess I better know how to (a) get replacements and (b) how to install them myself.
I would expect a replacement after 2 months I would not be happy with repair

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You are the machine
If they send the whole component, that's the guts of the machine and, like, 75 lbs. That seems really wasteful for what might just be a cable. But whatever. I just want to get back to rowing.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 4:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You are the machine
If they send the whole component, that's the guts of the machine and, like, 75 lbs. That seems really wasteful for what might just be a cable. But whatever. I just want to get back to rowing.
Have you googled this issue on this model? I doubt you would be the only one to experience this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 5:36pm
Have you googled this issue on this model? I doubt you would be the only one to experience this.
Yup, I looked, including before I bought it, especially after the last rower went splat on me. No red flags. It got plenty of positive reviews, no complaints about crap manufacturing.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 6:25pm
revbob wrote:
Yup, I looked, including before I bought it, especially after the last rower went splat on me. No red flags. It got plenty of positive reviews, no complaints about crap manufacturing.
You might just use it more than some people?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 7:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 6:25pm
revbob wrote:
You might just use it more than some people?
That's almost certainly true. A friend said that most people use those things for two weeks and then let it gather dust. Fine, but the idea that a product for home use is good for only 800 kms is serious bullshit. I'm expected to buy a gym-quality machine? Give me a gym-quality cable, then, to put in there.