The Best

Re: Track 2 Version 2 Final Head to Head

Post by 101Walterton »

Some people are on the pitch........

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm just putting these here to shame people who should be shamed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:41pm
Whilst I can Honestly say I did vote for it in this poll, I don’t like the song, I hate Osbourne’s vocals and the song would stick out like a sore thumb on this album.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Whilst I can Honestly say I did vote for it in this poll, I don’t like the song, I hate Osbourne’s vocals and the song would stick out like a sore thumb on this album.
Eh, I don't see a whole lot of thematic and aesthetic sense to the results. A compilation that has "God Save the Queen" and "Town Called Malice" and "I am the Fly" isn't really connected other than a rough time period.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 9:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Eh, I don't see a whole lot of thematic and aesthetic sense to the results. A compilation that has "God Save the Queen" and "Town Called Malice" and "I am the Fly" isn't really connected other than a rough time period.
Yeah. This comes off like one of those Rhino DIY comps of the early 90s. All good songs, but not necessarily a flow.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 9:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah. This comes off like one of those Rhino DIY comps of the early 90s. All good songs, but not necessarily a flow.
Wait till I explain the project before you hang the DJ.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 9:16pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I thought you had explained it?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 9:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Clearly not well enough.
Once the project come to its conclusion (which it looks like it has - can’t see this poll changing) and I will write it up.
I’d rather you pitch fork waivers would allow me to do that before writing off my 53 thread / 40 poll project.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

No one's stopping you from trying to explain this away...
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Closed.
13 - 10

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 9:42pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 9:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Clearly not well enough.
Once the project come to its conclusion (which it looks like it has - can’t see this poll changing) and I will write it up.
I’d rather you pitch fork waivers would allow me to do that before writing off my 53 thread / 40 poll project.
Every decent judge allows the prisoner a final statement before the switch is pulled. :shifty:

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

This election has been rigged from the get-go.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 7:34am
Hear hear!!!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 9:31am
Mimi wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 7:34am
Hear hear!!!
😞

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Before we get too misty eyed about the treatment of the people's favourite Paranoid let's let the facts get in a way of a good story.

Paranoid got crushed in a head to head final 18 votes to 5 against Bodies (a mediocre album track on NMTB).
Due to a gaping hole in the rules (my fault for which I take full responsibility) that vote became null and void.
I vote was held to decide how best to resolve the issue and 'Declare Paranoid the winner' lost the vote to 'restart from scratch'.
In a poll of 9 songs Paranoid again didnt win and tied with Another Girl Another Planet.
In a head to head with Another Girl Another Planet Planet the poll has Paranoid losing again by 4 votes.

Paranoid has been given every opportunity to win this round other than a free ticket and although that was on offer it was voted against by the board voters.