Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Olaf »

Funny to see Laschet and Söder so in unison on this. Plain populism at work here I think, and completely unnecessary IMO.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

oliver wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 8:04am
101Walterton wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 2:46am
gkbill wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 1:31am
Hello,

Ghost games - no spectators. I believe they only need 332 people to run the games.
As much as I am missing my football I am not sure this is the right thing to do?
I'm surprised it's +300 people per game TBH but anything non-essential that could potentially bring extra burden to a health system seems a little premature.
I presume all 332+ people will need to be tested before every game in each round which is 9 games per round.
13 rounds left to play which means a minimum 38,344 extra tests alone will need to be undertaken?
Not sure that is the best use of health service resources.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 4:15pm
oliver wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 8:04am
101Walterton wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 2:46am
gkbill wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 1:31am
Hello,

Ghost games - no spectators. I believe they only need 332 people to run the games.
As much as I am missing my football I am not sure this is the right thing to do?
I'm surprised it's +300 people per game TBH but anything non-essential that could potentially bring extra burden to a health system seems a little premature.
I presume all 332+ people will need to be tested before every game in each round which is 9 games per round.
13 rounds left to play which means a minimum 38,344 extra tests alone will need to be undertaken?
Not sure that is the best use of health service resources.
I think official estimations were around 30,000 tests or 0.4 percent of the capacity.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I’d love to see the football back ASAP but it has to be the right thing to do and I’m not convinced now is the right time.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Interesting poll results today... Two thirds of the populace aren't happy about the Bundesliga restart and think the season should have been cancelled. In a country where football is an institution that really says something.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Olaf wrote:
08 May 2020, 2:55pm
Interesting poll results today... Two thirds of the populace aren't happy about the Bundesliga restart and think the season should have been cancelled. In a country where football is an institution that really says something.
Yeah I think people are coming to the realisation that the virus is more important than football or any other sport.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
28 May 2020, 4:53pm
It’s coming home.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

BitterTom wrote:
28 May 2020, 4:53pm
I love the "it's a mans game" :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I’ve enjoyed watching the Bundesliga last few weeks but EPL is back in 2 days!!!!!

Anyone else as excited as me???

Be interesting see which teams hit the ground running and which look like they have been on the beach last few months. It will be like the start of a new season.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 7:48pm
I’ve enjoyed watching the Bundesliga last few weeks but EPL is back in 2 days!!!!!

Be interesting see which teams hit the ground running and which look like they have been on the beach last few months. It will be like the start of a new season.
Hello,
The Bundesliga is a better level of play but the EPL has (arguably) more exciting games. I'm happy to see them both. German games got off to a decent start - the top teams looked more prepared, the lower level teams seemed to be mis-firing.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 9:27pm
101Walterton wrote:

Hello,
The Bundesliga is a better level of play but the EPL has (arguably) more exciting games. I'm happy to see them both. German games got off to a decent start - the top teams looked more prepared, the lower level teams seemed to be mis-firing.
Bayern look unbeatable, Dortmund snd Leverkusen great yo watch.
I really like the fake crowd noise the TV companies use it makes you forget the stadium is empty.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I was hoping a silver lining of covid would be west ham squeaking out of relegation. They have a tough end of schedule iirc so I think they may be fucked.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 11:27pm
I was hoping a silver lining of covid would be west ham squeaking out of relegation. They have a tough end of schedule iirc so I think they may be fucked.
They will benefit from the no crowds.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 9:55pm
gkbill wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 9:27pm
101Walterton wrote:

Hello,
Bayern look unbeatable, Dortmund snd Leverkusen great yo watch.
I really like the fake crowd noise the TV companies use it makes you forget the stadium is empty.
Hello,

The first week didn't have the crowd noise pumped (apparently done at the studio - players don't hear it). I thought I wouldn't like it but it does add to the enjoyment. I really enjoy watching Neuer. The American McKennie at Schalke has played well.