No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 3:29am
Racist Lives Matter. :naughty: ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 3:08am
Silent Majority wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 1:23am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:26pm

Yeah I get that. But "white privilege" is just another label to me. No one dares talk about "black privilege" there are wealthy black people who care little for those that still remain in the ghettos. Nothing is ever simple when it comes to race hate.
Until we ALL learn to accept each other be it by colour or class etc we will truly struggle to move forward.
I agree with you that struggle has to come across the board, all across the class and race and gender spectrums.

White privilege, though, means that wealthy black people can still have the police called on them for no reason - like asking a white woman to put a leash on their dog - and it turning into murder by cop. White people get the benefit of the doubt in a way that everyone else doesn't. They'll be offered a job more readily and assumed to be brighter. That's the privilege, not the material wealth.
Yes, yes of course I'm not suggesting that "white privilege" doesn't continue to keep us all down. The killing of black people through Police brutality is a disgrace. But then the killing by police brutality of any man is a disgrace. As to "That's the privilege" that assumes all white people think the same and I do not accept that. Racists exist everywhere from many different walks of life. I may be of "white privilege" but I can still choose to treat all with respect and consideration.
No, of course. I've got no doubt at all that you do. The concept of white privilege is a systemic thing. It's not saying that all whites have it easy or that all are racists, it's just that they don't have to deal with the particular shit that black (and brown) people do in areas of the world where they are in a minority.
I think that one of the biggest enemies may be stereotyping. There are many poor areas here in the UK (as across the world) where having white privilege means very little. Poor predominantly white council estates that are heavily rife with drugs. Where the police no longer see you as a human being but just as lowlife.

Being white middle class and coming from a nice neighbourhood and just being aware of "white privilege" simply isn't enough.

Having the experience of growing up with black friends and seeing and hearing racist bullshit first hand and fighting against this injustice doesn't make me "righteous" or "woke" but at least it showed I cared and did something. Knowledge is power but only if you choose to use it.
I'm sorry if it came across as my trying to play "woker than thou" I really have no interest in that at all. I think we don't spend enough time defining the terms which then go out in to the real world and divisive misconceptions can build up around what they mean.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 11:09pm
I wouldn't call it Nazidar, but just a good instinct of people I should stay away from.
Cheap red ball caps have come to be good identifiers.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 6:02am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 3:08am
Silent Majority wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 1:23am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:39pm

I agree with you that struggle has to come across the board, all across the class and race and gender spectrums.

White privilege, though, means that wealthy black people can still have the police called on them for no reason - like asking a white woman to put a leash on their dog - and it turning into murder by cop. White people get the benefit of the doubt in a way that everyone else doesn't. They'll be offered a job more readily and assumed to be brighter. That's the privilege, not the material wealth.
Yes, yes of course I'm not suggesting that "white privilege" doesn't continue to keep us all down. The killing of black people through Police brutality is a disgrace. But then the killing by police brutality of any man is a disgrace. As to "That's the privilege" that assumes all white people think the same and I do not accept that. Racists exist everywhere from many different walks of life. I may be of "white privilege" but I can still choose to treat all with respect and consideration.
No, of course. I've got no doubt at all that you do. The concept of white privilege is a systemic thing. It's not saying that all whites have it easy or that all are racists, it's just that they don't have to deal with the particular shit that black (and brown) people do in areas of the world where they are in a minority.
I think that one of the biggest enemies may be stereotyping. There are many poor areas here in the UK (as across the world) where having white privilege means very little. Poor predominantly white council estates that are heavily rife with drugs. Where the police no longer see you as a human being but just as lowlife.

Being white middle class and coming from a nice neighbourhood and just being aware of "white privilege" simply isn't enough.

Having the experience of growing up with black friends and seeing and hearing racist bullshit first hand and fighting against this injustice doesn't make me "righteous" or "woke" but at least it showed I cared and did something. Knowledge is power but only if you choose to use it.
I'm sorry if it came across as my trying to play "woker than thou" I really have no interest in that at all. I think we don't spend enough time defining the terms which then go out in to the real world and divisive misconceptions can build up around what they mean.
Hey no way you need to apologize to me. You are my friend who has a smart brain and a good heart.

Yes those "definitions" are very important. I feel that every time we give something a label it somehow under values important parts of the issues. By saying it means "this" or "that". Racism being something that is never simple. Whereas hatred on the other hand needs no definition.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 6:35am
JennyB wrote:
I wouldn't call it Nazidar, but just a good instinct of people I should stay away from.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

oliver wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 8:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Hence my getting the blue Goldpanners hat. ( see MLB thread)

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yep.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Yale's astronomy dept ain't racist—remember when they hired a black secretary just after Reagan's second term started?
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/st ... ism-emails
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 8:02pm
Yale's astronomy dept ain't racist—remember when they hired a black secretary just after Reagan's second term started?
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/st ... ism-emails
C'mon just how many black people do you need for an equal opportunity program. Yale strike the balance with "been there done that". Unreal :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/aunt-jem ... a2f40efb4d

And wait for the usual suspects to boycott pancakes in 3 … 2 …

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 10:18am

Freedom fries or death!!!

Did Uncle Bens ever change?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 11:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 10:18am

Freedom fries or death!!!

Did Uncle Bens ever change?
A quick Google says that proud white people are going to have to stop eating rice, too, because of the virtue-signalling radical ultra left liberal mob.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yep.
But enough about Cardinals fans...
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 11:25am
JennyB wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yep.
But enough about Cardinals fans...
Joke thief!
viewtopic.php?p=579987#p579987