A Thanks To IMCT

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

A Thanks To IMCT

Post by BitterTom »

I've spent the last 2 hours toying with the idea of leaving for a few weeks. Mental health isn't great at the best of times but the last few days have been shit to say the least. However thinking upon that, I have friends here and leaving really would be counterproductive. Without people, you're nothing. I enjoy talking about shit music and Clash songs that really shouldn't have been made. I love speaking about crap food I, and other Limeys eat. Whatever the chat here is, it's good.

I enjoy IMCT time and for that I give thanks to you all, this is one hell of a community. Thank you all and much love.

101Walterton
The Best

Re: A Thanks To IMCT

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 6:12pm
I've spent the last 2 hours toying with the idea of leaving for a few weeks. Mental health isn't great at the best of times but the last few days have been shit to say the least. However thinking upon that, I have friends here and leaving really would be counterproductive. Without people, you're nothing. I enjoy talking about shit music and Clash songs that really shouldn't have been made. I love speaking about crap food I, and other Limeys eat. Whatever the chat here is, it's good.

I enjoy IMCT time and for that I give thanks to you all, this is one hell of a community. Thank you all and much love.
Pleased to hear you changed your mind. I like to think this place always offers a sanctuary from the realities of real life and the pressures and shit that can bring.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Tom, I hope you do what is best for you. I think I can speak for everyone when I saw we really love having you around. You fit like a Hoystonian glove. We don't get too much new blood here and you've been a great contributor, so I hope you stick around, but do what you gotta do.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:

As someone who often spends time in the same boat and as frustrating as Hes can be at times this place, for me does more good for me than bad. That said I've taken a few leaves of absence over the years (once people even noticed).

I wish I could give advice on the mental side of things. Ive tried happy pills and regular old talking to someone who despite what I paid provided little insight or advice.

Friends are key whether you can be with them physically or virtually. There's several people on here who have done more to help me in dark times than the people getting paid $100+/hr. But maybe thats a me thing I have trust issues.

Either way Tom people are here for you.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BitterTom wrote:

Glad you decided to stay, but also echoing the sentiment of others. You do whatever feels healthy for you.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 6:24pm
Tom, I hope you do what is best for you. I think I can speak for everyone when I saw we really love having you around. You fit like a Hoystonian glove. We don't get too much new blood here and you've been a great contributor, so I hope you stick around, but do what you gotta do.
Sorry but "you fit like a Hoystonian glove" might be my favourite ever quote on here and there's been a few.

Tom, you are like the son I drove away at birth for being too similar to me. I hope you stick around but do what's best for number one.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We benefit immeasurably from your presence, but if for any reason we aren't providing what you need, nobody would judge you for taking your leave. You've more than earned people's respect and affection.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello Tom,

You and I have different tastes (many if not most here do) in many things. That's the beauty of this place. We're stronger for the differences. You introduce me to tracks I wouldn't hear else-wise. I hope I do the same for you. Do what's best for you but know all here would miss you.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Glad you decided to stay, Tom. You are loved here!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Stay well, mate, above all else.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

As someone who's been dealing with mental health issues for the past decade, I know how valuable this place is / can be. Seriously, this is the one solid place for me. Even if we don't see eye-to-eye on all things, I can honestly say, I love you guys. You've been a big part of my life since...whenever. So, Tom, please stay. Feel free to talk about your down days, because I have a feeling you're not the only one who's dealing with a mind that just won't shut the fuck up. Or, better yet, let's talk about stupid shit. That's funner.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Hi Tom, I haven't been around here much for the last month but have still had amazing support from some great people on here. I can't thank them enough. If I can do anything to help you then just pm me. More than happy to have a chat, any time.

Also you need to stick around because our friends across the pond don't understand cricket and the Test matches start soon!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

laxman wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 2:25pm
Also you need to stick around because our friends across the pond don't understand cricket and the Test matches start soon!
Ten points for the New World!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

laxman wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 2:25pm
And who else would provide occasional Pilky quotes?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I'm glad you decided to stay, you are very welcome here.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak