A Thanks To IMCT

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: A Thanks To IMCT

Post by Kory »

I think everyone here takes a break once in awhile when needed (I know I have), but the great thing is it's always still around when you're ready to come back. And usually with only minimal abuse.

As others have said, do what feels right for you, and know you'll be welcomed back anytime if you decide to take a breather.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

IMCT is the only think in life that stays constant. Except for when it changes a bit.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

You need your own KISS thread where you can unload mental baggage. That thread has been like a confessional and therapy session for me. Maybe the Shitallica thread will grow over time and become a place where you can confess your deepest sins.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Glad you're staying tom. In a terrible world gone wrong, it's nice to have a place like imct which is terrible in completely different ways.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 6:12pm
I've spent the last 2 hours toying with the idea of leaving for a few weeks. Mental health isn't great at the best of times but the last few days have been shit to say the least. However thinking upon that, I have friends here and leaving really would be counterproductive. Without people, you're nothing. I enjoy talking about shit music and Clash songs that really shouldn't have been made. I love speaking about crap food I, and other Limeys eat. Whatever the chat here is, it's good.

I enjoy IMCT time and for that I give thanks to you all, this is one hell of a community. Thank you all and much love.
I hear you, man. I haven't been very active the past few weeks. Trying to sort myself out. This pandemic/furlough existence is starting to get to me and I've been cutting back on my screen time (including social media). Mental health feels more important than ever.

That said...this is such a fantastic place to hang out that it's hard to stay away too long. Glad to hear you've changed your mind!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Gabba gabba, we accept you, we accept you, one of us.

One of us!

One of us!

One of us!
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

I'm glad you're staying, Tom. IMCT is a rare stable island of sanity populated by truly decent folks, and you're a big part of it.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JoseUnidos wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 11:27pm
I'm glad you're staying, Tom. IMCT is a rare stable island of sanity populated by truly decent folks, and you're a big part of it.
Hello,

I might tweak this - "A rare stable island of sanity populated by insane people..." - myself included.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

gkbill wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 12:31am
JoseUnidos wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 11:27pm
Hello,

I might tweak this - "A rare stable island of sanity populated by insane people..."
I'd fully subscribe to this.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

If you leave I will hunt you down and force you to listen to good music.

Seriously do what you need to do. But remember you have friends here mate.

Take it easy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Thank you for all your kind words, really does means a lot to me. Getting there slowly but surely. The shitty side of my brain decided to take over and feed shit to me to put it bluntly. The result was high(er than normal) anxiety and depression. Had these attacks since I was about 16, thankfully they seem to occur less and less frequently these days and I feel stronger each time a shitty phase passes.

Thank you again for the lovely messages, like I said, this is a great place and I love being a part.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 4:46pm
Thank you for all your kind words, really does means a lot to me. Getting there slowly but surely. The shitty side of my brain decided to take over and feed shit to me to put it bluntly. The result was high(er than normal) anxiety and depression. Had these attacks since I was about 16, thankfully they seem to occur less and less frequently these days and I feel stronger each time a shitty phase passes.

Thank you again for the lovely messages, like I said, this is a great place and I love being a part.
Good to hear.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
I've been there, man, but thankfully less frequently these days. As long as you know that your brain isn't being sensible and is fucking with you, that's half the battle.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BitterTom wrote:

I’m so glad to hear it. My brain is a real bastard sometimes.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 5:41pm
BitterTom wrote:

I’m so glad to hear it. My brain is a real bastard sometimes.
I gotta say it is encouraging to hear that so many others who I like and respect deal with these demons too.

Also glad Tom is sticking around the place is better with you.