The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Nominations

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Nominations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Heston and 101W Memorial Excessive Rules To Deal With Previous Poll Clusterfuckery

1. The primary vocalist on the song must be female (transgender women certainly count). Male/female duets or back-up singers are ineligible.

2. Only formal album tracks are eligible; no compilations, singles or ep’s (however, also see #8). No instrumentals, duh.

3. Once a singer wins one of the track votes, they are ineligible for future votes. This includes solo work or being in or guesting with different bands, but only if they are the primary singer in each case. For example, if the Go-Go’s won a vote with Belinda Carlisle as the lead singer, Jane Wiedlin would still be eligible as a solo artist or as primary singer on another Go-Go’s song. But a winning Go-Go’s song where Wiedlin sings lead would make any Wiedlin solo record ineligible. Similarly, if a Carlisle solo song wins a round, then a Carlisle lead on a Go-Go’s song is ineligible, but a Wiedlin lead is. In short, it’s about the singer, not the band.

4. One nomination per player per round. If you change your mind or your pick is deemed ineligible, edit your post. List the artist first, then the song. If you fuck that order up, don’t cry if I don’t fix your mistake.

5. Nominations will be open for 48 hours (or perhaps an extra hour or two if I’m not immediately available—I’ll do my best to move things along in a timely manner). Voting rounds will be open for 48 hours (again, perhaps an extra hour or two). Voting for a new track won’t begin until the previous track’s winner has been determined. This is to eliminate the possibility of nominating a previous winner.

6a. If there are more than five candidates in a given poll, each person can vote for two songs. With five or fewer nominees in a poll, each person can vote for one song.

6b. Unless one candidate wins more than 50% of the vote in an early round, the top two finishers move on to another round; otherwise the top vote getter moves on. If there is a tie among the top two spots, all those songs will all move on. For example, if one song wins 40% and two win 20% (and various others less that 20%), the top 3 will move on.

6c. The final winner of each round must have more than 50% of the vote. If at the end of a final round two candidates are tied at 50%, I’ll cast the tie-breaking vote (note: I’ll otherwise neither vote nor nominate in this game). Bribery in that situation is both legitimate and encouraged, tho no guarantee of preferred results.

7a. As before, six songs per side. Any edition of the album is eligible. Meaning if, say, the UK version has a song as track 3 and the Japanese edition is track 4, the song is eligible for either slot. However, to prevent an unfair second bite at the apple, once a song has been nominated, it cannot be renominated in a different slot even if it doesn’t win its earlier vote.

7b. Vinyl or cassette track listings are the standard sources. If there is no vinyl or cassette version, “side two” will consider tracks 7–12 on the cd version. Also see #7f.

7c. If a song on the vinyl or cassette version is track 7 or higher on its side, it is eligible for that side’s track 6. For example, a song that was side 1 track 8 could be nominated for side 1 track 6.

7d. Multi-album sets are fair game, with each album considered as having a side 1 and side 2 (i.e., not side 3, 4, etc.).

7e. If there is only a cd version of an album, tracks 1–6 will be eligible for respective side 1 slots. Tracks 7–12 will be eligible for respective side 2 slots. Any songs beyond track 12 on a cd-only version of an album are eligible for any track 6 slot, side 1 or 2. However, as per #7a, no renominations of songs. Also, remixes or extended versions or other bonus cd cuts are ineligible.

7f. In any dispute over track listing eligibility or whether a release is cd-only, discogs.com will be the standard for confirmation. If you think your source is cd-only, check there before nominating. If you can’t find an edition there to support your claim, tough toenails, pal.

8. Instead of a ghost track, this album will include a one-sided flexi-disc, voted on at the end. Any song not released on a standard album will be eligible. So, compilations, singles, or ep’s will all will be legit to pick from, regardless of track number. Remixes, extended versions, edits, or re-recordings of album songs are not eligible. It has to be a distinct, non-album song.

9. The Paranoid Rule. If for any reason a vote has to be redone, no new nominations will be considered. Some songs might be removed due to errors, but once nominations close, that’s it. No Kiwi grifting will be allowed.

10. Should there be any dispute over interpretation or application of the rules, people will be encouraged to make their arguments public, but the final decision will be mine. See #6c regarding bribery.

11. In the event of any confusion, re-read these rules.

Okay, have at it, chum(p)s.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Nominations

Post by JennyB »

Yay! Thanks, Doc! I will submit my first nominee - Instant Hit by the Slits.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 3:55pm
Rule 4, lady! :naughty: ;)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB wrote:
Great nomination.

Also, brilliant bureaucracy above, Doc.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'm gonna have to have my attorney review these rules before I submit anything. Will return later with nominations and formal paperwork.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 4:05pm
JennyB wrote:
This is going to be fun 🙄
Doc rule #1 no one will actually read the rules you spent hours carefully creating and typing up!!!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kate Bush, Running up that Hill (a deal with god)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 4:11pm
I'm gonna have to have my attorney review these rules before I submit anything. Will return later with nominations and formal paperwork.
Remember, we're no longer accepting any submissions on the 3Z-RT(u) forms—only use 3Z-RT(uu).

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Mimi wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 4:17pm
Kate Bush, Running up that Hill (a deal with god)
Oh man, I thought I was going to vote for the Slits for sure.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 4:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Doc rule #1 no one will actually read the rules you spent hours carefully creating and typing up!!!
The rules exist so that I can hammer you people for fucking up rather you hammer me for fucking up. The (hook)worm will eat the bird!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 4:25pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
The rules exist so that I can hammer you people for fucking up rather you hammer me for fucking up. The (hook)worm will eat the bird!
How long have we got to read the rules? Don’t want to miss my cut off but will need to put some time aside to digest them.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Blonde - Hanging on the Telephone

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 4:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 4:25pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
How long have we got to read the rules? Don’t want to miss my cut off but will need to put some time aside to digest them.
I think I've had you in my classes before. :lol: Seriously, tho, it's pretty straightforward stuff, just clarifying previous problems.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Joan Jett - Bad Reputation

Do I get extra credit for the video?

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Cat Power - The Greatest