The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 1b (VOTE IN THIS ONE!)

Side 1, Track 2 - Part B

Poll ended at 09 Jul 2020, 4:59pm

Lene Lovich, "Lucky Number"
20%
Kelly Clarkson, "Since U Been Gone"
3%
Kate Bush, "Hounds of Love"
14%
X, "Motel Room In My Bed"
9%
Sneaker Pimp, "Tesko Suicide"
6%
Chumbawamba, "Timebomb"
17%
Aretha Franklin, "Money Won't Change You"
9%
Bow Wow Wow, "Do You Wanna Hold Me?"
9%
Tom Tom Club, "Genius of Love"
14%

Total votes: 35

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 1b (VOTE IN THIS ONE!)

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:14am
revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 6:31am
gkbill wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 11:29pm
A suggestion: when nominating a song/artist, post a youtube link to the song. A well-educated electorate produces the best results.
Fully endorse this and will recommend it when I start new nomination threads.
Yeah this has been what I have been doing. There's a lot of music out there and I haven't heard of a lot of this stuff before or I might know the artist and not the song. And even then I haven't heard a Go Gos song in forever so it helps to have a quick refresher. How I felt about a song 30 years ago wont necessarily be the same way I feel now.
Heston sees an opening to getting you into Spandau Ballet!
True.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 1b (VOTE IN THIS ONE!)

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 11:29pm
A suggestion: when nominating a song/artist, post a youtube link to the song. A well-educated electorate produces the best results.
Yeah this has been what I have been doing. There's a lot of music out there and I haven't heard of a lot of this stuff before or I might know the artist and not the song. And even then I haven't heard a Go Gos song in forever so it helps to have a quick refresher. How I felt about a song 30 years ago wont necessarily be the same way I feel now.
True.
Do your worst.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:40am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

True.
Do your worst.
I don't need this pressure on.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 9:28am
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

True.
Do your worst.
If that's a lyrical reference its lost on me.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 9:38am
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

True.
Do your worst.
Communication let me down.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 9:52am
revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 9:38am
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

True.
Do your worst.
Communication let me down.
What does it matter. You sit here in your little office crushing cars into little snotballs, what does it matter? I'm out there earwigging it on the street and what I'm hearing is Kray Kray Kray Kray Kray. The pavement stinks with Kray.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I feel like Heston, the morning after posting in the KISS thread: What have I done?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 10:17am
I feel like Heston, the morning after posting in the KISS thread: What have I done?
I'm totally fucking lost with all these polls I know longer know where to post or if I'm voting for "Lene Lovich Lucky Number" Thatcher, Reagan or Coco the fucking Clown.

X( :disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm totally fucking lost with all these polls I know longer know where to post or if I'm voting for "Lene Lovich Lucky Number" Thatcher, Reagan or Coco the fucking Clown.

Democracy demands a lot of its citizens. It's not all plaques and hams, you know.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

:mrgreen: r
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:46am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Democracy demands a lot of its citizens. It's not all plaques and hams, you know.
I've never been good with beauracracy from the aristocracy. I'll stick to what I do best and get remastering stuff. I like to play by my own rules.

Of course if I were to get just a small plaque and a ham sandwich I could be tempted.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 8:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've never been good with beauracracy from the aristocracy. I'll stick to what I do best and get remastering stuff. I like to play by my own rules.
You anarshits need to be broken to prove democracy is a universal value.
Of course if I were to get just a small plaque and a ham sandwich I could be tempted.
The real ham sandwich is good citizenship.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 8:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I remember back in the day the first prize was always "Hooky's left nut". Prizes that were worth hanging on to. How times change.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 8:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I remember back in the day the first prize was always "Hooky's left nut". Prizes that were worth hanging on to. How times change.
I'm not as young as I was. The value declines.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 8:53am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

I'm much younger than I am.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 1:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 8:53am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hello,

I'm much younger than I am.
Ah, Dr. Escher, welcome!