Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:32am
Photo on 16-07-20 at 10.31 AM.jpg
Is that an unauthorized Gene Simmons tell all book I see?
No, but I do have all the KISS memoirs in ebook form. Not that I've read them or plan to unless I write a KISS lecture at some point.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Where did you get those Doc?

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I feel so sorry for the state of Georgia. Their governor is a fucking idiot.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 11:57am
The KISS books or the mask? :shifty:

(The mask is from Swans' official store, playing off the cover of their album Filth.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:36pm
Mimi wrote:

(The mask is from Swans' official store, playing off the cover of their album Filth.)
mask, sorry.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:36pm
Mimi wrote:

mask, sorry.
The KISS books were part of his KISS Army induction package.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
You look so much sunnier than usual.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:56am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No, but I do have all the KISS memoirs in ebook form. Not that I've read them or plan to unless I write a KISS lecture at some point.
I'd love to see you perform it at Wacken at some point.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You look so much sunnier than usual.
I can smile the goofiest smile under there and nobody would know. It's perfect!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 3:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 10:56am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'd love to see you perform it at Wacken at some point.
I have been looking for an opportunity to bore more people in one sitting. Slightly more seriously, my goal is to always write a a couple new lectures for my rock class every year, and I've thought KISS would be ideal for talking about spectacle and commerce and marketing. I mean, KISS is a marketing venture masquerading as a band.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How are people handling wearing masks? I'm surprised to find I have trouble getting enough oxygen. I don't think it's a type of claustrophobia—I'm not in any other way—but, man, I really have to take things slow when I have a mask on.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:07pm
How are people handling wearing masks? I'm surprised to find I have trouble getting enough oxygen. I don't think it's a type of claustrophobia—I'm not in any other way—but, man, I really have to take things slow when I have a mask on.
I'm claustrophobic, and it does bother me a little bit, but only because I know I just can't take it off when my brain screams to do so, so I make my trips to the store quick. My biggest problem is my glasses fogging up. I'm practically blind so I can't go without them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm claustrophobic, and it does bother me a little bit, but only because I know I just can't take it off when my brain screams to do so, so I make my trips to the store quick. My biggest problem is my glasses fogging up. I'm practically blind so I can't go without them.
I had that, too. The Boss informed me that tucking the top part of the mask underneath your glasses will minimize the problem some.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:59pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I had that, too. The Boss informed me that tucking the top part of the mask underneath your glasses will minimize the problem some.
I got a few of these and I find them easy to breath with and take on and off my face.
https://www.mission.com/collections/coo ... iter-masks

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 3:59pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll have ro try that.